Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painted Ladies  (Read 6530 times)

Mjollnir

Re: Painted Ladies
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 10:37:57 am »

In actual fact no it hasn't been discontinued, but it has been upgraded to this one, the GT3542xls, £699 for the legs only, which works out at around $1,000 US - yes it is expensive I know, but they really are the best and probably (hopefully) will last a lifetime.

And here is a link to the brochure.  :o

There isn't much I could apply a full and honest 5 star recommendation to, but these legs definitely get my seal of approval.  :)

So go on, treat yourself, you know you want to  ;D ;D ;D

Dave

Huh.  New head-and-shoulder-above-the-rest tripod or Panny GH3?  Decisions, decisions.

Say, after having seen the photo of standing up on the tripod legs, I wonder if there's any tripod out there that has actual foot stands attached to the legs for that same purpose?

Of course, living in Hollywood with all the cinematic/industry folks around here, that should be easy to find out.  VERY interested in that potential (but not the likely price).

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Painted Ladies
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 08:34:17 am »

Dave, how do you do that, make a link without having to type out the whole http.etc stuff?

I never was very computer literate.

Rob C

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question - I've been sooo busy again (sorry that I keep banging on about this in various threads, but it is true, I am supposed to be semi retired you know and yet I seem to be working harder than I ever have done before, as my photography courses seem to have become quite popular of late :o).

Rob, what you need to do is, find a website that you want to link to, then in the address bar of your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox etc) at the top of your screen, right click your mouse actually on the address in the address bar, it will both highlight the address of the website and also open up a drop menu with the option to 'Copy' the website address into your computer's memory, which you should select. Now start writing your reply in Lula as per normal and then decide what words you want to be a link to the aforementioned site, highlight the text in your reply by using left mouse click and drag, or put the cursor at the start of the words in your reply text and hold down the shift key and tap the right arrow key until the whole word or sentence etc has been highlighted.

Now having the text you want to use as a link highlighted, look above the Lula reply text box for the row of smiley faces etc, then the row above the smiley faces also has a row of icon buttons on it, left click the second one in from the left that looks like a globe with a page of text in front of it, having left clicked on that icon button, a small input box opens up on your screen, now paste your previous chosen link from your computer's memory into it, you can do this by either right clicking into the text space (usually already has HTTP:// in it, but we will be overwriting that) and right click and select 'Paste' from the drop down menu that appears, or you can do this by left clicking in the space and using Ctrl + V (hold down the control key and tap the letter V) to paste the contents of your computer's memory into it.

You should now have an active link in your text - this makes your text look a mess, but if you preview it, you will see that the link is actually buried beneath the text in your reply.

Don't worry Rob, as this all sounds much more difficult than it actually is and as a fellow Brit, I know you can do it  :)

Good luck

Dave
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:56:44 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up