Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eldhraun - Iceland  (Read 2457 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Eldhraun - Iceland
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

I dont often stitch images and make panoramas - but this lava field in Iceland just seemed made for it.

Shot a few weeks ago on my winter workshop with Andy Biggs and Daniel Bergmann. Just goes to show even in winter you can find 'green' in Iceland  ;D

BTW: Just had a cancellation on my summer workshop this year with Daniel Bergmann. If anyone is interested there are details HERE

EDIT - This place has been filled.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:29:18 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Marlyn

Re: Eldhraun - Iceland
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 03:26:57 am »

Good shot of a difficult subject.   

The location itself is big, flat, and background is very distant.   I personally find it quite hard to get good representative shots of that lava field.

For those that don't know,  this is the lava field from the Laki volcano, in the 1783, and it stretches for some 30 km and along the south coast of iceland and covers an area of 565 km2.    Believed to be one of the root causes of the French revolution, as it was largely responsible for the reduced or failed crops in Europe in following years.

Regards

Mark.

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:29:20 am »

…The location itself is big, flat, and background is very distant.   I personally find it quite hard to get good representative shots of that lava field.

This is one of the best lava field photo I've ever seen. It gives an impressive view of the vast expanses of moss-covered lava.

Well done!
Francois

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:55:43 am »

Nice vista, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up