Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spyder print workflow?  (Read 6539 times)

Nora_nor

spyder print workflow?
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:29:15 am »

I am sure there are postings and discussions on how to use the spyder3 print here, but the search engine here is not so good.

Can you pint me to some threads?

I seem to remember someone from datacolor answered here a while ago.

I also wonder if the target I printed is valid if I just printed it from the software, as I did not first download the genericRGB.zip from datacolor and put it instead of the Epson PLP in the devices dialogue in the MBP. (to make a 0 transform trick) (as shown on youtube http://youtu.be/yALLJM3wu2U ) I just used the PLP paper profile without modification

added: maybe I should have posted this in the color management folder

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:34:17 am by Nora_nor »

Nora_nor

Re: spyder print workflow?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:38 am »

Now I found the thread I had seen before: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=73861.0
I still wonder about printing the target.

---the reason I wonder about making an icc profile with spyder3 print, is that I can use that one and tweak it to make an icc profile that lightens all prints I for instance. I have a lot of photos from a trip to Italy when it was rainy and overcast, and all print too dark, from two cameras and an iphone. Just making an icc profile that lightens them would be fine for prints for an album I think. The color munki cannot do that fine-tuning, and I can use the tweaked icc profile from spyder I think.
But what about the target printing, maybe try to figure out how to print it through the photoshop target printing thing, I have to figure out where to find that and if it is possible to print the target somehow from that. Or to follow the youtube video to make this 0transform trick

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 01:39:56 pm »

---the reason I wonder about making an icc profile with spyder3 print, is that I can use that one and tweak it to make an icc profile that lightens all prints I for instance. I have a lot of photos from a trip to Italy when it was rainy and overcast, and all print too dark, from two cameras and an iphone. Just making an icc profile that lightens them would be fine for prints for an album I think.

IMHO, ICC output profiles should be image agnostic and output defined. If you have a pile of dark images, lighten them up in bulk within Lightroom. If a pile of images could use the same adjustment to lighten for print (because they are identically too dark), you should be able to apply the edit as easily to all those images and keep the output path alone.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Nora_nor

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »

ok, and that will solve the problem with the dust on the sensor too. (I must figure out how to fix the dust on one photo and lighten it and copy and paste the corrections to the others)
(I did print several with aperture for that reason. But aperture is not good for laying out lots of photos on sheet or roll paper. I have not figured that out yet)

The other question is that the Epson 4900 on for example Epson PLP does print too dark, it looks like a blackish cast when printing straight from files from  cameras, and the color munki I borrowed at work did confirm that.
When I use that icc profile to softproof with, it does show what happens. I then have to lighten the image or lighten it at the bottom to the right when printing with LR.
(Mac, mountain lion, LR4, PS6, Epson 4900, Epson PLP paper)
Pages: [1]   Go Up