Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture 1 Pro 7 stability issues?  (Read 3332 times)

Mr_Bunburry

• michaelstellmach.com
Capture 1 Pro 7 stability issues?
« on: April 18, 2013, 10:41:29 pm »

Has anyone else had major issues with C1 Pro7?  I just bought a new Macbook Pro Retina to replace my 4 year old MBP and it hasn't seemed that much quicker than the old one with my IQ180 files aside from opening them.  What has been plaguing me with the MBPR and C1 7 is that it just seems to hang up and won't render the the images in full detail in a Session with about 4000 images.  The wheel at the top keeps turning but it just never seems to manage to render completely.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any suggestions?

Would I be better off keeping my old MBP and putting the $3K toward a proper desk top machine to have things run more smoothly?

Thank you :)
Michael

The View

Re: Capture 1 Pro 7 stability issues?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:49 am »

I would hold off buying a new machine right now - especially when the new Mac Pro isn't here yet (just as the Yeti isn't, and the monster of Loch Ness....)

I am on a MacBook Pro Retina  as well (with 16 Gb RAM) and have not experienced stability issues in editing - my problem is with importing my older images into the catalog, where I get half-dead catalogs with all folders having lost their folder names. When I tried to create a catalog with 10 000 images, the whole system imploded - definitively a software issue.

I guess with such a new release, different people with different set-ups will stumble upon different problems.

How much RAM do you have on your machine? Your IQ 180 files are way larger than my 5D 3 files.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:32:11 am by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:16:19 am »

You have 4000 images in your session's capture folder? I never go above 400-500 per capture folder, things just seem to slow down too much when I do. I create another capture folder (right click or cntrl click on the Capture Folder and select New>Capture Folder) whenever I hit 500 images.

If that does not work, try turning off the OpenCL acceleration in the C1 prefs General tab and restart C1.

-N

Mr_Bunburry

• michaelstellmach.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:39:26 pm »

Thanks guys.  16gb of ram on my MBP and C1 seems to be functioning more smoothly now :)
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up