Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Support for Merrills  (Read 6709 times)

Pete_G

Lightroom Support for Merrills
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:24:23 am »

This was posted recently on another forum by Eric Chan of Adobe:

"The Merrill models use a special sensor technology called Foveon which requires very different image processing logic compared to the so-called Bayer sensors used by almost all of the other cameras.  We actually are working on support for these Foveon sensors (includes all the Merrill models) but it will take some time."

Thank you Eric and Adobe. Really looking forward to this. Great.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:28:21 am by Pete_G »

Rand47

Re: Lightroom Support for Merrills
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:49:47 am »

+1  It will be very nice to import directly into LR. 
Rand Scott Adams

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:08:15 am »

We are indeed working on it, but I want to set expectations appropriately and emphasize that it will take some time.  It is an interesting and special chip design, but that means it also requires special attention and dedicated logic to process correctly.
Eric Chan

Pete_G

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 10:33:36 am »

OK Eric, thanks for being straightforward about it, the important thing for us LR/Sigma users is to know that it is on the way, sometime.

Cheers.

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

OK Eric, thanks for being straightforward about it, the important thing for us LR/Sigma users is to know that it is on the way, sometime.

Cheers.

+1   Thanks Eric & LR team.  Really looking forward to RAW support for the bricks.  :-)

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

aduke

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:58 am »

+2. Just took an hour to review 88 images is SPP. LR support is strongly desired, but it has to be well done, so take the time you need.

Alan

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »

I've stopped using my Merrill much lately when shooting subjects were I know a lot of shoots will be taken because I find it to hard to review everything. What I do now is just convert everything to Tiff, bring it into LR, select what I want, deleate the rest and then go back to my Sigma Raws on my external HD and deleate everything that I did not keep in LR. Still easier then developing sheet film, but not nearly as much fun!

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »

+1
1 of 2 top reasons that stopped me from getting an SD1 (software/not a raw file that other developers can process).
I hope Sigma is being helpful in this.

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Pete_G

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:36 am »

I've stopped using my Merrill much lately when shooting subjects were I know a lot of shoots will be taken because I find it to hard to review everything. What I do now is just convert everything to Tiff, bring it into LR, select what I want, deleate the rest and then go back to my Sigma Raws on my external HD and deleate everything that I did not keep in LR. Still easier then developing sheet film, but not nearly as much fun!

I find the Sigma SPP software OK, but on some images I like to make fast, big corrections, trying out grads and colour effects just to get to grips with where I want to go, then I can reset everything and start again carefully. Impossible with SPP, easy with LR.

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 11:59:33 pm »

I guess we are still waiting. I note that Adobe at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html states that Sigma DP2 files (X3F) can be read by ACR 5.4 (and up) and LR 2.4 (and up) but that is not my experience with either application.

Anyone have a successful experience with either ACR or LR and X3F files?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Vladimirovich

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 12:48:44 am »

I guess we are still waiting. I note that Adobe at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html states that Sigma DP2 files (X3F) can be read by ACR 5.4 (and up) and LR 2.4 (and up) but that is not my experience with either application.

Anyone have a successful experience with either ACR or LR and X3F files?
Roger

current versions of ACR/LR can read .X3F from DP2 (DP2 != DP2m), I had DP2 couple of years ago and then current versions of ACR were reading its raw files.

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 03:56:36 am »

current versions of ACR/LR can read .X3F from DP2 (DP2 != DP2m), I had DP2 couple of years ago and then current versions of ACR were reading its raw files.

Are you saying there are different types of .X3F files and a DP2.X3F file is different from a DP2M.X3F file?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

Vladimirovich

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 09:55:06 am »

Are you saying there are different types of .X3F files and a DP2.X3F file is different from a DP2M.X3F file?

yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up