Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Toscana pictures, thank you!  (Read 6588 times)

LizardKing

Some Toscana pictures, thank you!
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:14:44 am »

Some other pictures you can see at my website: http://sergeychubarov.ru/p/spage/album/gid/1521131
Thank you!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Some Toscana pictures, thank you!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:47 am »

Splendid stuff Sergey! Far, far better than a return to pictorialism.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

LizardKing

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 07:58:56 am »

Thank you, but I don't think it should be compared... -)
Moreover, I plan to make some lith-prints with this negatives and I feel it would be nice... -)

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 09:05:41 am »

All of these are magical and excellent. 

The first one is transcendent.  Moody, evocative of a different age.  Despite the fact that it is a photo, it gives a feeling that it could have been captured during the middle ages. 

Can you tell a little bit about the process you are working with? Is there snow in these images or are we looking at IR shots?
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

francois

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:07:06 am »

Some of the best I've seen on Tuscany. I encourage others to visit Sergey's web site.

Hats off, bravo!
Francois

LizardKing

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 09:37:12 am »

Yes, most photos are infrared, you are right... I use Efke IR film on 6x6 Hasselblad 500cm...
On some photos I have used the same Efke IR but without IR filter, so they are "simple" bw...
One picture is converted to bw digital photo... -)
Thank you all for you feedback!

nemo295

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:28:41 am »

The Tuscan landscape really lends itself to using this technique. The first image is my favorite. Well done.

WalterEG

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:48 am »

LIzard KIng,

Your photos are one of the more potent justoifications for visiting this site.

Thanks for sharing.

Walter

walter.sk

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

Stupendous!  Really good eye!

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »

Hello Sergey. More than sound in music, colour in painting, these are beyond photography. Those you share in your book of black and white landscapes are nothing short of exquisite. Like shimmering dreams and unknown memories.

Wonderful!!! (full of wonder!)

I can only say that I am so grateful that you would offer to us the visions from behind your eyes.
A common woman~

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »

Some of the best I've seen on Tuscany. I encourage others to visit Sergey's web site.

Hats off, bravo!

+1! (Number 33 0f 44 - who needs clouds?)
William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

LizardKing

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 04:20:39 am »

Hello Patricia,
I'm surprised that you know about a book... -)
Thank you all for your kind words, I'm very pleased!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:43 am »

... Efke IR film..

Familiar location, yet unique and, by now, recognizable style (yours). Great work!

P.S. Nice to see certain things (film) survived the disintegration of my former home country ;)

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 01:44:44 pm »

Familiar location, yet unique and, by now, recognizable style (yours). Great work!

P.S. Nice to see certain things (film) survived the disintegration of my former home country ;)

Don't be worried, Slobodan; it's just a cheap photographic trick, as Peter Sellers said in What's New, Pussycat, my favourite comedy ever. The landscape survives - it isn't disintegrating in an atomic fog at all!

I didn't know you had Tuscany connections, though; nice. Perhaps that explains the pretty figlia...

;-)

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 02:35:17 pm »

No, Rob, no Tuscany connections (I wish.. would come handy come holiday time).

Efke film was made in Zagreb, former Yugoslavia, today's Croatia.

Rob C

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:29 pm »

No, Rob, no Tuscany connections (I wish.. would come handy come holiday time).

Efke film was made in Zagreb, former Yugoslavia, today's Croatia.

Closest I got to Yugoslavia was Trieste in 1948. I think that was the year Wolves won an English cup. The year was the same, but the number of the year could be a mistake - just by a year either way. I was also in England that year (which is why I remember Wolves) and was bought a Record Imp red vice in which I held the wood from which I made a few rough model boats in teak. In India. Guess I don't really belong anywhere. Probably explains my jaundiced view regarding bagpipes.

Oh well, I'm not alone - lots of folks don't enjoy them.

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 06:30:36 pm »

I don't dislike the bagpipes half as much as I loathe the dour pricks that play them.

Why would that instrument so destroy the character of a man?  Just as well my mighty Swede doesn't huff and puff on them.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:08 pm »

Sergey, these images are quite simply beautiful.

Bravo!!!!!!

I don't dislike the bagpipes half as much as I loathe the dour pricks that play them.

Oh dear, Walter..  :(

I don't think you would be very happy here, the tourist and wedding industry demands that we have bagpipes playing outside every castle, hotel, gift shop and bothy.

Before I moved here, I too didn't find the drone of the bagpipes particularly enchanting, but last year at the side Eilean Donan castle, a young lad was practising for a competition he was entering, he wasn't doing it for money and it definitely wasn't the tourist season, as there were only a couple of us there to watch and hear him play, but as he played and my wife and I listened and the sun went down behind the castle, the hairs on the back of my neck started to rise and a shiver went down my spine, it was truly enchanting, melancholy and timelessly beautiful.

So perhaps at the right time and in the right location, even your stony heart would melt to the haunting and soulful sound of the bagpipes  :)

Dave
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:11:53 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

WalterEG

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

Dave,

As a folk instrument, played down to fit with other instruments, I love them.  And even the lone piper at a wedding or funeral can be moving and atmospheric.  It is just the buggers who won't wear them without wearing the kilt and the bank-manager/golfer long socks that really drive me mad.  "JOLLY" seems to be a word they have never contemplated.

Cheers,

Rob C

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:40 am »

Dave,

As a folk instrument, played down to fit with other instruments, I love them.  And even the lone piper at a wedding or funeral can be moving and atmospheric.  It is just the buggers who won't wear them without wearing the kilt and the bank-manager/golfer long socks that really drive me mad.  "JOLLY" seems to be a word they have never contemplated.

Cheers,

Oh those socks! Just like boy scouts with flashes! How sexy - for a guy with no imagination.

Even the 600 million quid lead Beatle couldn't make the dreaded pipe sound cool; as with anything they touch (pipes not Beatles) they depress. And regarding poor old Sky-man Dave's hair and neck: best pretend you enjoy those pipes ALL the time; those islanders are weird people - even complained about that brand new bridge (well, it was new when it was opened) that connected them to the then century. But I can't really blame them: it's island living. I feel the effects myself. Dave, always keep your passport up to date. especially if the referendum goes the wrong way. Don't know what you can do about your getaway money, though: seems the quid will not be able to be retained... your guess is as good as mine!

Heysoos; why am I even thinking of going back...?

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up