Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Pro 4800 will not print 8x10 horizontally - it always prints vertically  (Read 1332 times)

audiodoc

Epson Pro 4800 will not print 8x10 horizontally - it always prints vertically, on roll paper.Any suggestions on what the matter may be?I chose auto rotate to no avail.Borderless printing as well.

Mike

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs

What software? Will other print sizes come out horizontally? The printer essentially does what the printing software tells it to, so that's likely where the issue lies.

audiodoc

Windows7 64,Photoshop cs6.First time printing on roll paper with this printer.I printed a 10x15
borderless and it printer fine 10" being the short side of course.On 8.5x11"sheet-prints fine with borders of course .Latest Epson 4800 software and firmware installed.I don't see any other problems with PSCS6.Pre-printing looks like it always has.
Mike

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

sometimes it's easy to get the width and height transposed, or select the wrong orientation in the printer setup (which may not match the actual orientation of the image)

audiodoc

I double checked the orientation in printer set up,no difference.Also printed photo that was landscape with portrait
orientation-same results.I'm stuck.BTW- your photos are fabulous.Looks like HDR.I'm impressed!

PS-Just printed a 10x12 borderless.I'm guessing problem in Epson 4800 software that doesn't allow less than 10" horizontal orientation.  

Mike
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:10:13 pm by audiodoc »

Ernst Dinkla

Not familiar with that printer but borderless can be limited to certain media qualities and sheet/roll selections. Actual roll width sometimes is slightly less than the size used in the driver and when the printer measures that and your print page selection is just fitting (with or without borders) the driver may decide that it is safer to turn the print page on the available paper width. More an HP printer experience so it could be a totally wrong comment for your case.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up