Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Streaming & Dwnld Videos?  (Read 66464 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: New Streaming & Dwnld Videos?
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »

... I can report that having re-downloaded the LR5 series today Friday 27 December 2013 all the files now open and at least start play with QuickTime, and I am no longer getting the "Error -2048" dialog that I believe was associated with the DRM. ...

Glad you got it sorted out. I firmly believe that 99% of the reported problems can actually be sorted out fairly easily - if the customer chooses.

The frustration for customers (and also for me) is that the system does not operate exactly the same way that it used to.

As someone in the software industry has said, "Everyone wants their software to improve; no one wants it to change!"

That is easily understood but often hard to execute when adding features.

Alto

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2013, 08:34:41 am »

Hi All

Just to say Purple Player horrible experience the old system was better just download to a folder then watch 20 mins so far and nothing it won't download at anything faster than 245 Kbps just awful I want to download why can't i get into my account and check files

Jon

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 09:39:52 am »

It sounds as if you have a problem. Please contact the Purple help folk and they will sort it for you.

Alto

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2013, 11:22:11 am »

Hi Chris

Why can't we download the chapters as before purple now make you download the DRM free as one huge file the Palose that I have just purchased will take over 6 hours to download.
With say camera to print at least you could view one chapter while downloading the next.

Jon

{EDIT}The download from purple has now gone to 8 hours 42 mins please bring back chapter downloading .

I trashed the purple player folder from the apps folder are there any other files i should look for???
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:40:32 am by Alto »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2013, 11:54:42 am »

The Palouse videos are produced as before by subject - that has not changed.

There are separate video files for The Palouse, WheatMan with Bill Atkinson & a Slideshow

It sounds as if there are serious network problems if the files are taking that long. I would suggest you contact Purple help and ask them to help.

Alto

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2013, 12:06:51 pm »

Hi Chris

Are the files downloads as "chapters" as it seems the people at purple want you to download it all in one go .

You can't restart a download in safari once you stop it .

and the purple customer support is sluggish .

EXELENT content let down by poor third party support .

regards

Jon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up