Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Streaming & Dwnld Videos?  (Read 66381 times)

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: New Streaming & Dwnld Videos?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »

Gotcha.

I would look to the big guys - do what they do.  I would seriously reconsider the need for streaming.  Creative Live does it perfectly http://www.creativelive.com/courses/creative-expression-photography-joel-grimes

kaelaria

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »

Oh this is nice - NO UNINSTALL!?  And the damn thing has no settings for where to store files!  I certainly don't want them stored on my SSD which it does by default!  TERRIBLE app!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:07:06 pm by kaelaria »

kaelaria

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2013, 01:09:41 pm »

For those on Windows at least the two directories you need to manually delete to remove this POS is the LeapingBrain folder in program files x86, and the Leaping brain folder in Users/(yourname)/appdata/local/roaming/leapingbrain - note you must have show hidden folders enabled to see this path.  This is where it sticks all the video files you download.  The Ctein was over 700MB alone as a .mov, taking up space.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2013, 01:56:02 pm »

All the information on storing the media on a different drive or directory is available in the help section

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2013, 01:58:30 pm »

Looks like there is a partial solution to the Purple woes that some are having.

We will strip out the DRM tags of all the videos - I was not aware this was possible.

I will post again when the DRM is gone.

This will allow the files to be played on most any media player. The challenge for some will be finding them...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:10:34 pm by Chris Sanderson »

Dr. Egon Milas

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 02:55:40 am »

We will strip out the DRM tags of all the videos - I was not aware this was possible.

This will allow the files to be played on most any media player. The challenge for some will be finding them...

Hello Chris,

this is the best Christmas present this year.

And for the finding challenge there's a solution in the LuLa shop: "Where the #% *! Are My Videos?" or was it Picture?  ;)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Egon

kaelaria

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 05:19:36 am »

Thank you for the help link - although it's of little value - it tells you what I just did - and it's a VERY techy thing to find the files, no way the avg user will get through it.

BIG Cudos for at least doing all you can to make it easy on the user and removing the DRM.

Bob Nicholson

• http://www.airpixuk.com
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2013, 05:45:14 am »

1) We rarely receive requests from users with a need to uninstall the program, so we have focused resources on other updates and features that can further improve the platform. 
Grace

To design a program (for ANY OS) without an uninstall routine just leaves me speechless!
Bob

GeraldB

• Gerald Bloch Photography
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »

Thanks for the info Kaelaria. I've deleted the folders. Sorry, a program that has no uninstall, and puts massive video files on my C: SSD is not for me. I'll wait for a better solution from LuLa. Kaelaria, do you see a need to to do a register clean after removing the folders? I did not find any significant entries in the registry.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »

kaelaria

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2013, 05:06:53 pm »

Thanks for the info Kaelaria. I've deleted the folders. Sorry, a program that has no uninstall, and puts massive video files on my C: SSD is not for me. I'll wait for a better solution from LuLa. Kaelaria, do you see a need to to do a register clean after removing the folders? I did not find any significant entries in the registry.

No compelling reason to for me, no.

Jeff Zanin

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:49 am »

Another non-fan of the whole purple / leaping brain evolution.  These are goofy names that add nothing to the LuLa brand, and the download / player model seems very clunky compared to what I was expecting, having purchased numerous LuLa products over the years.

I downloaded the LR5 videos this past Wednesday 25 (yes on Christmas).  The first file will play in QuickTime, the rest will not.

This makes it quite awkward to purchase & download the videos on computer A, then transfer the files to my NAS for playback on computer B or C, which has worked well for all my other videos, LuLa and others.  Instead I ended up downloading all of them again on computer B, not a very good work-around.

With all due respect to the issues you were addressing I think the outcome here with regard to video distribution / licensing / etc. is quite poor and certainly not worthy of the quality of the video content and production and definitely not of the LuLa brand.

Hoping for something better, and at this point your idea to remove the DRM would be a step in the right direction.

Jeff

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:17 am »

...I downloaded the LR5 videos this past Wednesday 25 (yes on Christmas).  The first file will play in QuickTime, the rest will not.

This makes it quite awkward to purchase & download the videos on computer A, then transfer the files to my NAS for playback on computer B or C, which has worked well for all my other videos, LuLa and others.  Instead I ended up downloading all of them again on computer B, not a very good work-around...

The change-over to non DRM videos is on-going - I don't think all the kinks are quite worked out yet - but if the files open in any media player other than the Luminous Landscape app, they are non-DRM.

Try double clicking on the media files, If they open in another media player, you can freely copy them. If you are bounced back to the Luminous Landscape app, you will need to go to this page to find the instructions for moving DRM encoded videos.

<http://platformpurple.com/help/how-do-i-move-my-downloaded-media-to-another-location-like-an-external-drive/>

Chris

Jeff Zanin

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2013, 10:24:08 am »

The change-over to non DRM videos is on-going - I don't think all the kinks are quite worked out yet - but if the files open in any media player other than the Luminous Landscape app, they are non-DRM.

Try double clicking on the media files, If they open in another media player, you can freely copy them. If you are bounced back to the Luminous Landscape app, you will need to go to this page to find the instructions for moving DRM encoded videos.

<http://platformpurple.com/help/how-do-i-move-my-downloaded-media-to-another-location-like-an-external-drive/>

Chris

Thanks.  In the videos that I assume still contain DRM when I double-click on the file in Explorer I get an error dialog that reads "Error: -2048: Couldn't open the file tll_lr5guide_11.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.".

I'm re-downloading all the LR5 files now, because it was my understanding from your post in the DRM thread that this has been fixed, but your post above indicates that "... the change-over to nonDRM videos is on-going - I don't think all the kinks are quite worked out yet ...".

So other than re-downloading how do we determine when the fix is complete?

Jeff

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2013, 10:46:55 am »

... So other than re-downloading how do we determine when the fix is complete?

I guess I will know when the volume of complaints recedes!  ???

We are trying...

gfioravanti

« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2013, 02:27:46 pm »

You can also find the files by clicking the gear icon and selecting "copy to mobile device".  Then click "open folder".

gfioravanti

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2013, 02:28:27 pm »

You can select a new storage location by clicking the gear icon and selecting "choose preferred storage location".

gfioravanti

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

Sorry that we do not include an uninstall feature.  We haven't found that uninstalling has been a necessary feature since it hasn't been really requested by customers.  But we will add it to our feature list.

Also, if you'd prefer not to download and store the large video files, then the streaming player might be best for you.  http://player.platformpurple.com

But if you do want to view the videos offline, then you will need to download and store them somewhere on your computer or external drive.

gfioravanti

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:14 pm »

If you are having trouble downloading the non-DRM version, please contact me at grace@platformpurple.com, and I'll get you fixed up.  Thanks!

Thanks.  In the videos that I assume still contain DRM when I double-click on the file in Explorer I get an error dialog that reads "Error: -2048: Couldn't open the file tll_lr5guide_11.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.".

I'm re-downloading all the LR5 files now, because it was my understanding from your post in the DRM thread that this has been fixed, but your post above indicates that "... the change-over to nonDRM videos is on-going - I don't think all the kinks are quite worked out yet ...".

So other than re-downloading how do we determine when the fix is complete?

Jeff

Jeff Zanin

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2013, 03:20:29 pm »

I guess I will know when the volume of complaints recedes!  ???

We are trying...

That is one way... and I get that you are trying.  However consider that for every one of us that complains, asks questions, and perseveres long enough to get what we want there could be several who just move on and are never heard from again.  Or even worse they tell their friends, often with various embellishments about the difficulties they encountered.

For myself I can report that having re-downloaded the LR5 series today Friday 27 December 2013 all the files now open and at least start play with QuickTime, and I am no longer getting the "Error -2048" dialog that I believe was associated with the DRM.

Thanks to the LuLa and Purple/LB people who are working to clean up this issue.

Jeff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up