We are the technology company that manages these digital downloads, and we apologize for the trouble you encountered!
We try to work out any kinks within the system, but of course issues will always come up that we try to resolve right away. I'm sorry that you were having trouble getting on live chat with someone. Unfortunately, we are not yet 24/7 with our live chat. From your support thread in our system, it seems that Mabel replied to you regarding getting on live chat. If you can let us know what happened when you tried this and when you tried this, this will certainly help us fix this for the future.
Regarding your comments:
1) We rarely receive requests from users with a need to uninstall the program, so we have focused resources on other updates and features that can further improve the platform.
2) The program should install in the default hard drive on your computer. Is your C drive not your default?
3) We do design the program with the user in mind, so we're sorry that you do not feel this way. As one example, by having the videos download through the program, you can be assured that you can always regain access to your content. If your hard drive crashes or you get a new computer, just reinstall the program and you can re-download at any time. Also, our players help manage the videos themselves so you don't have to worry about loose video files and chapter lists. The videos themselves are also programmed through the player to play continuously, so your viewing experience is not interrupted by having to launch the next video.
4) If you'd prefer not to install software, you can stream through our cloud player - http://player.platformpurple.com
. You mentioned that you were having trouble with the streaming player. What browser are you using when you just see it buffering?
5) That is very strange as we have not encountered this before. Can you provide us more details on this?
6) We try our best to make the program simple, but still intuitive. Can you tell us what you would have liked to see?
7) I'm sure we can get you up and running with your videos. Usually the most expedient way is to do a screen share where we could actually see what's happening and be able to fix it right away.
What download speed were you seeing reported? The download speed will depend on your internet connection and it's connection to our CDN.
9) Again I apologize that you were not happy with support. We do try our best to offer support during all hours, but have not quite reached 24/7 yet. However, opening a ticket via our form or email will always get you a response and almost always lead to a fix to your problem.
10) We will leave that to the folks at Luminous who control the product information.
Thanks for your time, and hope we get the opportunity to help you with our system.