Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Entering the Church  (Read 1338 times)

Ray

Entering the Church
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:10 am »

I'm surprised no-one seems to have commented on the current homepage image, Entering the Church. Is it because we're all a bit frightened of what will happens to us when we get old and frail.

I find the image strangely compelling. The colors are strong and vibrant, and the attention is drawn to that frail hand firmly holding the walking stick.
However, the title is a bit puzzling. There's no clue in the photo that the old lady is entering a church. Does the darkness of the background represent the church, or perhaps the radiant light illuminating the old lady's clothes?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:19:52 am by Ray »

Rob C

Re: Entering the Church
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:43:23 am »

I'm surprised no-one seems to have commented on the current homepage image, Entering the Church. Is it because we're all a bit frightened of what will happens to us when we get old and frail.

I find the image strangely compelling. The colors are strong and vibrant, and the attention is drawn to that frail hand firmly holding the walking stick.
However, the title is a bit puzzling. There's no clue in the photo that the old lady is entering a church. Does the darkness of the background represent the church, or perhaps the radiant light illuminating the old lady's clothes?  ;)

The problem Ray, is that everyone is too busy peering for possible moiré to be able to appreciate the image itself. Of course it's a good shot; what else did you expect?

;-)

Rob C

HSway

• Sunwaysite
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:39:12 am »

I like it very much.

Hynek

Iluvmycam

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »

where is the image?