Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf8300 - smallest sheet fed width?  (Read 4081 times)

Roscolo

Canon ipf8300 - smallest sheet fed width?
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:28:42 pm »

Wow. Glad I almost never print on sheets. Sheet loading the ipf8300 is a royal pain. Trying to load 11" wide sheet. Won't take it. Anyone know the minimum sheet size on this printer? I'm guessing it has to be bigger than 11" wide.

UPDATE: It's an 11x28 sheet. Even tried turning it horizontal and the printer won't take it. Says "Paper size not detected." Guess I'll stick to my z3100 when I need to print on sheets, which is thankfully not too often!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:38:08 pm by Roscolo »

BarbaraArmstrong

Re: Canon ipf8300 - smallest sheet fed width?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:58:45 pm »

I'm not sure what your problem is, but I've fed more than fifty 8.5"x11" with no problem (actually one a teeny bit skewed when printed -I redid it). And it is fed with the short (8.5") side as the leading edge.  And yes, it was an ipf8300. --Barbara

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:37:01 am »

Have not had trouble loading sheets down to 8.5 x 11 inches, shoving the 8.5" side in first.  Release the lever, push the sheet up to the orange marks under the rollers, lined up with the orange marks on the outfeed platform.  However, I can not seem to routinely print the first inch or so.  There's some setting that has to do with this, but I don't know what it is.  Only time I load sheets is in the rare event of printing a nozzle check before printing profiling targets.

Roscolo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:38:13 am »

Thanks. Never got it to go through. Was trying to make proofs of 40x50 prints before running the big ones. Making sequential small (9x12 - 16x20) test prints on the ipf8300 is a royal pain because you can't just evaluate the print and roll the paper back to print the next test print on the unprinted portion of the paper like I can on my z3100 z3200.

Wasting too much time trying to get the thing to sheet feed...I just threw the roll back on and trashed some paper. Cheaper than the time I was wasting to save a few cents. :)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:56:20 am »

No idea what problems you're having - no trouble sheet feeding my 8300.  Where I've large sheets I'll sometimes slice them up into small sheets for testing, or with roll, I'll chop a bit off and make some sheets to feed. Custom sheet sizes work a treat too
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:12 pm »

I feed sheets in my 8400 (and 8300 before that) all the time. Line them up with the orange lines as suggested and maybe 1 in a 100 has to be re-loaded. If the paper skews during loading, try guiding it in with a finger on each side. I've successfully load sheets as small as 7.9"x7.9". If you are losing more than .2" of unprintable paper on the leading edge, go to Paper Menu>Paper Detail Settings>Media type for your paper>Near end sheet margin and choose 5mm instead of 20mm.

Look at the settings available in "Paper Detail Settings." A lot of problems can be fixed from within this folder.

Wow. Glad I almost never print on sheets. Sheet loading the ipf8300 is a royal pain. Trying to load 11" wide sheet. Won't take it. Anyone know the minimum sheet size on this printer? I'm guessing it has to be bigger than 11" wide.

UPDATE: It's an 11x28 sheet. Even tried turning it horizontal and the printer won't take it. Says "Paper size not detected." Guess I'll stick to my z3100 when I need to print on sheets, which is thankfully not too often!
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

enduser

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »

Qimge lets you nest many prints on a roll, or sheet, and each can have a different profile attached to it.  So, I might print four with a different profile, different settings of any kind, in one go.

epatsellis

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:30:02 pm »

I feed sheets in my 8400 (and 8300 before that) all the time. Line them up with the orange lines as suggested and maybe 1 in a 100 has to be re-loaded. If the paper skews during loading, try guiding it in with a finger on each side. I've successfully load sheets as small as 7.9"x7.9". If you are losing more than .2" of unprintable paper on the leading edge, go to Paper Menu>Paper Detail Settings>Media type for your paper>Near end sheet margin and choose 5mm instead of 20mm.

Look at the settings available in "Paper Detail Settings." A lot of problems can be fixed from within this folder.

Same as my experience, I often run double sided jobs on sheets and maintain 1/8" accuracy in registration from front to back.

Erie
Pages: [1]   Go Up