Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile  (Read 1190 times)

chichornio

Why this happen? I load the same custom monitor icc profile in both Mac OS and the monitor looks brighter in Lion than in Leopard. I´m running both OS in the same Macbook Pro 15" late 2008. Any help will be very welcome!

Mac Mahon

Re: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:30:28 am »

Sounds like brightness and/or contrast settings may have been reset to native in the upgrade.  What happens when you build a new custom profile with your former parameters?

Tim

chichornio

Re: Monitor looks different in Lion and Leopard with the same profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:45:47 am »

Sounds like brightness and/or contrast settings may have been reset to native in the upgrade.  What happens when you build a new custom profile with your former parameters?

Well, it can be, but I think is a Mac OS issue. I´m using a 30" Samsung SyncMaster 305T (it´s not a wide gamut monitor and it comes factory pre-calibrated). I really like the monitor, specially the anti glare screen (much better than the Dell 30"). The difference I see in brightnees and contrast switching between Lion and Leopard happens using the same original icc profile (name and creation date). So, I don´t know where is the problem. I´m keeping Leopard because of Rosseta based app.
Pages: [1]   Go Up