Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB: Minolta 100mm F4 Macro MD lens, Tamron 90 macro MD mount  (Read 3921 times)

jnmoore

I need a good 1:1 macro for my Fuji EX-1. Don't care about autofocus for macro work. I prefer something in the 100mm range but not really heavy. If you have something that would be good let me know.

Thanks, John
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:21:25 pm by jnmoore »

EdSawyer

Re: WTB: Minolta 100mm F4 Macro MD lens, Tamron 90 macro MD mount
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

I have a nice Minolta Rokkor 100mm f/3.5 macro lens, MC/MD mount, in great shape with hood and caps + case. I can send pics if interested. In near-mint condition. It was considered the best ~100mm macro lens at the time by Modern Photography magazine.  Was looking for $150 for it.

-Ed

ed @ edsawyer . com

jnmoore

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

Hi Ed,

I'm interested and the price is reasonable for a good condition lens but my first choice would be the f4 version which is more compact and lighter---this matches the Fuji X-E1 better. I'll keep you in mind though, as I haven't found an f4 yet. I'm not sure of the differences but I'm assuming the weight and size is significantly larger to accomodate the 3.5 glass. I love my old SRT 202 and have three lenses already so thats why I'm interested in Minolta MD lenses. I haven't received my adapter yet so don't know if there are complications here. The Fuji has a zoom in focus feature (in manual focus mode) which I hope still works with legacy lenses.

Best regards,

John
johnagon.com

EdSawyer

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:41:26 pm »

hi John -

Thanks for the reply, sounds good. Good luck in your search.  BTW, the 100/4 and 100/3.5 are about the same size as far as external dimensions (diameter and length). The 100/3.5 has a bit more metal in it, so it's somewhat lighter than the f/4 version.

Enjoy
-Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up