Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Chris Kovacs, Adore Noire: So, who is Kathleen Haye?  (Read 2393 times)

laughingbear

To Chris Kovacs, Adore Noire: So, who is Kathleen Haye?
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:43:01 am »

Greetings,

Prof. Nina W. Brown's The Destructive Narcissistic Pattern is one of the more recommendable readings concerning the psychopathological aspects of Narcissism. As with all Cluster B Personality Disorders, it is a rather complex subject.

Insights from the Inside I would call this site where a self confessed NPD writes about this subject. http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

The one thing I missed from the contribution was a reference to the author herself rather than the editor who published her excellent point of view, linking the worst psycho-social pandemic of our century with one of the tools available to center stage themselves. 

Chances are that around one in five adult people you meet are showing traits of personality disorders.

So, who is Kathleen Haye? Apparently she is in Canada, BC, award winning designer and more, Photographer at Victoria Conservatory of Music, Photographer at The Design District, Writer at Momentum Magazine with an education at the Western Academy of Photography. Well, that was what LinkedIn told me.

Excellent Ms. Haye!

Best wishes
Georg R. Baumann

BradSmith

Re: To Chris Kovacs, Adore Noire: So, who is Kathleen Haye?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:45:36 am »

Apparently there was a mixup.   This article, which had to have been intended for The Psychology Landscape, was mistakenly posted on The Luminous Landscape.  Oh well, these things happen.
Brad

OldRoy

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:55 am »

"Chances are that around one in five adult people you meet are showing traits of personality disorders."

Putting the "Chances are...." weasel proviso aside, this remark indicates that the medical profession needs to redefine "personality disorders".

Roy

JFR

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 06:19:53 am »

That is kind of ironic, an advertisement about narcissism.

gochugogi

• http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:54 pm »

Instagram and narcissism? What's next, smartphones and obsession disorders? What a waste of space on luminous landscape. So what if millions of people take funky filtered pictures of their dinner and ugly cat. Kathleen should publish her pretentious rant in Adore Noir...
[span style='font-family:Impact']I'm try

VidJa

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 04:19:14 pm »

Does this article makes me look like a species at the brink of extinction?
naaa... don't think so.

I just like to go out with a backpack and a cam, enjoy the sun and the wind and a beautiful landscape. At moments I take a snap to the best of my knowledge and display it somewhere somehow. My home is my gallery, my homepage is my gallery. I sell a print here and there and basically I don't care about instagram facebook or any other 'social' network stealing your private info as photography platform.

With 80mln+ users portraying themselves...who cares, just let them....these are moments of self indulgence.. don't we have them all at some point? However, that does not make these people self obsessed all the time. Although I agree on the fact that social interaction IRL is a great thing, also for photography opportunities, the author clearly misses out on the fact that most people may display very different behavior patterns at different times and places, something that is easy for humans to understand, but difficult for psychologists to grab.
Pages: [1]   Go Up