Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contact sheet software  (Read 1336 times)

julienlanoo

Contact sheet software
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:42:18 am »

Hi,
I tried to make contact sheets in Bridge, all ok, only the colour is messed up...
So how can i make the colours right ( i think it's a Profile problem but can't find how to make it right)

or any other / better contactsheet apps ?

greets
ju

Redcrown

Re: Contact sheet software
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 03:12:23 pm »

Don't understand your problem. Be more specific or show example of "colour is messed up."

On my CS6 system, the Contact Sheet II plugin works fine. In the dialogue you can specify the output colorspace, and when you feed it images in different colorspaces it does the conversion correctly as needed. Can't imagine a way to screw that up.

I doubt if it matters, but are you Mac or PC? What version of Photoshop? Are you feeding it Tif, jpeg, or PSD? What colorspace is the input, what colorspace is the output?

And for what it's worth, I find the contact sheet function in the free FastStone browser a better choice. Mostly because you can save presets. One for portraits, one for landscapes, different sizes, etc.

Redcrown

Re: Contact sheet software
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 02:34:09 am »

On second thought, there is a way to screw up colors when making a contact sheet in Photoshop, but you have to go out of your way to do it.

In Photoshop, under Edit/Color Settings, if the Color Management Policy for RGB is set to "Off" it will probably happen.

The Contact Sheet script will create its initial blank document in whatever colorspace is defined in its dialogue. Let's say it's sRGB. If the RGB color management policy if OFF, all images will be loaded into the contact sheet with NO colorspace conversion. If any of those images are not in sRGB, then their colors will be "messed up", same as if you "Assigned" an sRGB profile to an Adobe98 or Prophoto image.

Running with the RGB color management policy OFF is a bad idea under any circumstances. Should be set to "Preserve Embedded Profiles", which is the default, so if it's OFF you must have done that on purpose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up