Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF6300 problem  (Read 2140 times)

pmw

Canon IPF6300 problem
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:00:32 am »

I'm looking for pointers to resolving an issue with my IPF6300.

When printing on rolls (17" and 24") I get black horizontal lines on the right hand side of the print approx. 4 inches from the top of the print. 4-8 lines about 1mm apart always in the same location (and not further down the print). I do not get the lines when I print on cut sheets. I only have Ilford Gold Fibre Silk paper rolls, so I have not tested other papers.

I always use the "Special 5" media setting and in the 2+ years I have had the printer, I have not had this issue. I will experiment with the vacuum settings to see if that helps. Any other pointers would be much appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:32:50 am by pmw »

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: Canon IPF6300 problem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 09:22:08 am »

Sounds like head strikes from curly paper. IGFS can get pretty unmanageable at times. Change the vacuum strength and head height.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

pmw

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:12:22 am »

Changed the vacuum to max strength and the head height to "highest". Problem solved.

Thank you for the input.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:04:26 am »

Or feed a few inches before printing if the printer has been sitting idle for a while with the roll loaded.  Watch the media edges as it feeds over the printing deck, you can easily see when you're past the curly section which is always worst near the cut corners.  I get the curl/head-swipe problem from thick, stiff canvas when the humidity is low, like now.

pmw

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09:51 am »

Good suggestion. I will try that.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up