Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tip to Phase One, = 1 small button in the Back Menue  (Read 1942 times)

julienlanoo

Tip to Phase One, = 1 small button in the Back Menue
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:25:14 am »

You know what would be good to incorporate into the IQ firmware ?..

A button you could select ( in the menu or on the image preview) to tell your back directly the image you've just made is a LCC
Not calculate the LCC in back, but, just mark it als the LCC image,
If you then go to C1pro on computer it automaticaly calculates all the LCC-marked images ...
Saves LOADS of time
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:35:38 am by julienlanoo »

Graham Welland

Re: Tip to Phase One, = 1 small button in the Back Menue
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:54 am »

I agree. The leaf backs have the option of LCC selection already (well, application in the back). This certainly would make it easy to have C1 pick up LCC - better yet, allow us to dial in the lens and movements via the touch screen too.

Also, Put it right next to the disable LENR option ...  :P
Graham

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:08:36 am »

I think it's a great idea. I currently do this by rating an image 2 stars (reserving 1 star to mean "trash" and 3/4/5 for "good/better/best"). It's highly efficient, but certainly not intuitive.

The idea of it being marked specifically as an LCC in a manner in which C1 knows to make an LCC calculation automatically upon import would save some time and streamline the workflow.

This could be implemented in a similar way to "auto-adjustment" of the horizon upon import.

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:11:41 am »

I use the star method to identify the lens used. 1*=40mm (used to be 35) 2*=72 and 3*=120mm that way days or week later I can tell what was shot with which lenses at a glance.

Don

Marlyn

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:50:21 pm »

Very good idea.

I also agree it would be VERY usefull to be able to select the current Lens, and Shift data to enter into the meta data.  

A way to create a preset list of lenses you are using, and option to just pick the current one in the back.    
Ability to enter the amount of shift, and rise/fall would also be awesome.

I am over using a notebook in the field to write things down,  the more in the meta data the better.

Regards

Mark.

PS: Referring here to technical camera users obviously !.  Those with no linkage to lens meta data.

FredBGG

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Very good idea.

I also agree it would be VERY usefull to be able to select the current Lens, and Shift data to enter into the meta data.  

A way to create a preset list of lenses you are using, and option to just pick the current one in the back.    
Ability to enter the amount of shift, and rise/fall would also be awesome.

I am over using a notebook in the field to write things down,  the more in the meta data the better.

Regards

Mark.

PS: Referring here to technical camera users obviously !.  Those with no linkage to lens meta data.

With the Backs that have WiFi it would be nice to type this info on your phone keyboard. Often the camera is in a funky position
and most people can type quicker on the keyboard they are used to using. Maybe just make it an extension of the image review over wifi.

Jeffreytotaro

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:51 pm »

Really nice idea! Especially with the IQ2 series backs and perhaps shooting to the card more with the wifi capability.
Jeffrey Totaro
[url=http://www.jeffreyto

skimasks

• http://www.justinpoulsen.com
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »

This needs to happen!!! The time I spend making LCCs is ridiculous.

julienlanoo

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 05:16:12 am »

@ Marlin, there are technical camera's that can record Lens metadata ( No shift, pan, tilt, data yet i think) .
And thats Sinars studio options with the P3 and electronic shutters, in combination with one of their sinar backs.

The only weak point on this is; a fully outfitted camera weighs 3 million tons, and costs without back 100 000 euros :p

julienlanoo

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:48 am »

@ skimasks,
Well C1pro7 saves a lot of time, you can select all your LCCs and select "make LCC" 1 time for all them..

Only point is if you come back from 1 week of shooting, you spend 2h just selecting them :p :p

torger

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:40:03 am »

I think the LCC step is quite smooth, but sure it would be cool to have this button. Instead of hard-binding it to LCC one could have a "custom-function-button" (common on many products) and one of the functions that could be assigned is LCC association.

In my workflow however I sometimes shoot the LCC first and then take the picture, or shoot the LCC last, or in the middle. Often I shoot many pictures (to capture changes in light, waves in water etc) and only one LCC.

If we could get lens parameters and shift/tilt settings automatically into the back we could do stuff automatically, and not need to shoot any LCC at all. But that would require electronic tech cameras. Maybe we'll have that in the future, but I'm actually not sure I'm going to like that... as soon as something gets electronic it tends to age very very fast and one wants to upgrade all the time. But maybe the tech cam makers and MFDB makers could find a real simple interface for transferring electronic shutter and movement settings to the back. I don't think they talk to eachother much though  :-\
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:44:24 am by torger »
Pages: [1]   Go Up