Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 4900 - Advanced Black & White Printing - How Too....  (Read 901 times)

orchidblooms

epson 4900 - Advanced Black & White Printing - How Too....
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:25:55 pm »

printed my first - advanced bW mode - image - looks nice -

But i am perplexed...

When using photoshop CS6 - and printer manages color - icc profiles are grayed out...

do we then simply select - 'luster' if we are using moab luster, or premium glossy if we are using vibrance matellic?

seems like there should be more to this...

sorry for such a noob  question

phil

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: epson 4900 - Advanced Black & White Printing - How Too....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »

The ABW driver is a "black box" so you don't need to worry about a icc proflile.  You can fine tune the image in the ABW settings box but you really don't get that much info here and you can't see your image, one the image of the woman.  You still need to pick a media type.  By picking printer manages color, you are letting the ABW mode make the decisions and produce the print.  I still send my images to the ABW in sRGB not greyscale as I read that was the correct way to use it as long as you are not attempting to use a custom profile.

I believe there are still ways to pick a icc profile that you create for B&W on the windows side.  I have not tried this instead just use the ABW mode.   Like you pointed out, the images look very good.

In the Luminous Landscape LR4 video series there is a good section on the ABW mode. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

orchidblooms

Re: epson 4900 - Advanced Black & White Printing - How Too....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:28:59 pm »

many thanks paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up