Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MFDB for Hasselblad SWC  (Read 7964 times)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
Re: MFDB for Hasselblad SWC
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »

It's been done before :), Dicomed Bigshot, 60x60mm

http://www.epi-centre.com/reports/9604cs.html

$55K for the color version back then.

Maybe 56x56 chips can be done quite easily today with 9um pixels, using existing tech? Would be a nice 39 megapixel fat pixel back! Problem is that it would be a huge risk for Hasselblad to test this market, and I don't think they are in the position to take such a risk...

How many would pay ~$50K for a full-frame CFV back?

I'd be all over it :)

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »

This looks promising...

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nikon+D5100+Teardown/5271/2

If a sensor can be placed in from of the lens mount and mounted into an appropriate adapter, how would you sync the leaf shutter lens of the SWC with the Nikon ? How does the Fotodiox handle it ?

FredBGG

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 02:55:06 pm »

The Fotodiox uses the NEX 7 Shutter. you only need the aperture and focus to be working on the lens.
IF you can find a 40mm Hassy lens with a dead , but open shutter and a working iris you have a deal that will work just fine on the Fotodiox Rhino

RawheaD

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 03:39:54 pm »

I've been saying this here and there, but I'm much more interested & looking forward to a MetaBones SpeedBooster for V-mount lenses.

With the same ~0.7x reducing factor of the current ones (FF -> APS-C) but built larger for V lenses, we can have an "effective" full-frame square MF camera with a "crop" square MFDB, like CFV, privded somebody designs a nice "body" to be placed between everything. 

The setup would look something like this:

||CFV-16||"BODY"w/FS&WLF||SpeedBooster-V||V-Lens

Since the SpeedBooster requires a much shorter deistance between its rear element and the plane of focus, extant V bodies won't work, meaning somebody would have to design & make it.  I still think it's more likely that that would happen than somebody give us a 56x56mm sensor :p
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up