Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mountain Funitel  (Read 914 times)

gerafotografija

• gerafotografija.wordpress.com
Mountain Funitel
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:14:42 am »

Now that the rains have started at higher altitudes, it's time to switch to activities other than skiing in Lake Tahoe, but the snow was still lovely Spring mush up top at Squaw earlier this week.

Without looking at the EXIF data or my recent camera review, can you guess what type of camera this is from?

---
After posting, I noticed the attachment may not have uploaded. Here's a link to the original. Sorry about that  ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0ptcy04q4aftb4/IMG_1002.jpeg
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:29:40 am by gerafotografija »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Mountain Funitel
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:24 am »

... can you guess what type of camera this is from?

Not unless we are mind readers. A picture might help, though ;)

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

IPhone?

Later,
JJ

gerafotografija

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:40 pm »

Well, if it was an iPhone I wouldn't be so disappointed, but its one of the new X series cams from Fuji. What I would like to know is if anyone has had better luck with Fuji sensors/processing and what is the secret?

I love the handling of the camera, and I heard the jpegs are supposed to be great OOC, but the weird noise pattern which I am starting to see in all my pics seems to be an issue. I am willing to take time to figure out raw processing in Silkypix if it would help, but not sure if it is worth the effort.

Harald L

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:41:40 pm »

If the EXIF doesn't lie you've snapseeded your picture and added artificial grain. I don't believe that anybody can reviewing this picture regarding noise from the sensor.

There is a Fuji X Forum with lot of opinions on Silkypix. I don't want to be rebuked by the moderator so I don't tell you my personal opinion on silkypix here.
Glad to be an amateur

gerafotografija

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »

Thanks for your quite kind and understated comments.

Snapseed was extremely unkind to my photos, and I now understand that taking along an iPad mini while traveling is no substitute for post processing on my computer at home. I didn't even notice the issue on its small non-retina screen.

If you are still interested, please let me know what you think of this version more gently adjusted in Aperture. ???
The second image is another from the top of the mountain just for comparison in color.

I will post some more to the equipment or critique forums, since what I am trying to decide is if this camera is worth keeping, or if the quality of the output is too poor and I should return it. I want to like it, but need some second opinions if you don't mind.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:29:56 am by gerafotografija »
Pages: [1]   Go Up