Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what instructions do you send with your prints/canvas?  (Read 744 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
what instructions do you send with your prints/canvas?
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:15:07 am »

I'm about out of my standard postcard care and feeding sheet that I include with every order and I'm curious, what do you send with your prints?

here's mine if you care. love thoughts on things to include/exclude.

thank you for purchasing a work of art from Mark Stevens Photography

Your museum quality photographs are not like other prints and should be handled with care until they are in a frame. For greatest longevity, please display your photographs out of direct sunlight. Should you need to clean your images or the frame/glass, please avoid ammonia based cleaners like Windex. Simply use a lightly damp lint-free cloth and gentle pressure. Canvas gallery wraps may be cleaned in the same manner.

We suggest that you add your new works of art to your homeowners insurance policy. Please feel free to contact the studio in the future to obtain current replacement values.

Please note that no reproduction rights are included with your images. In accordance with Federal Copyright Law and studio policy you may not copy or duplicate these images in any way.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: what instructions do you send with your prints/canvas?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »

I have a number of different labels and even sheets that I apply to the backs of my pieces.  The wording and sentiments reflect the nature and size of the beast.  Here's the Avery Label I put on the backs of canvas pieces up to about 30 x 72, which can still be supported by wires.  It's tempting to get wordy on those labels, but in the interest of having the information actually ingested I keep it terse.

edit...whatever else, your label should definitely nay-say those adhesive backed hangers, which are the only hangers available at my local Walgreen drugstore and are guaranteed to drop anything weighing over 2 lbs within a few months, if not from adhesive failure then from the delamination of the wall paint.  The labels for my largest pieces talk about wall anchors.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:05:55 pm by bill t. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up