Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gwen Stefani  (Read 3888 times)

bryanlinden

• There is no try... only do!
    • Linden Photography & Design
Gwen Stefani
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »

I shot this a while back but just did the collage this past Friday. Please respect my copyright and do not share, print or use this photo. Thank you and I hope you enjoy. Cheers, Bryan

PS: The photo looks amazing on metallic paper!
Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Re: Gwen Stefani
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:42:03 am »

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

Very nice and different from what we usually see here.
Francois

bryanlinden

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:18:57 am »

I know, not exactly a landscape, but she is luminous :). I have a huge catalog of musicians and it's what pays the bills. I love landscape and nature too and will get more up. Hopefully people like to see a bit of variety though because I enjoy so many areas of photography.
Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:39:30 am »

That's a really nicely done image, though I think you would have a hard time asserting a copyright on an image taken in a concert.  I am not sure about the exact legalities here, but when you take a picture in a concert, while you might have copyright, you can't really sell the image because Gwen holds the rights to any work that is produced during her concert.  Without the rights to sell the image, I am not sure what value a copyright gives you.

Good work though.  I like the sense of action in the shots.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »

IANAL, but it does get less-than-clear for pictures at a concert. The ticket may say "no pictures", or "all pictures are the i.p. of the producer" ... unless you have a pre-arrangement with the concert producers. In any case, an 800x600 image doesn't seem too risky as far as lost license revenue for you, the "maybe copyright" holder.
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

bryanlinden

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:45:00 pm »

I can't go into too much and would rather not get off topic to copyright arrangements between myself and clients. I only post that because I have had 800x600 images stolen and then offered as prints for sale on ebay etc. and the record labels and myself had to get nasty with those individuals and let's just say they don't steal pictures anymore and I am too nice a guy to enjoy getting legal on people when easily prevented. That said I like to share my images for fun and feedback :D

nemo295

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

Copyright is a central issue for all photographers. Do you in fact own the rights to these images?

bryanlinden

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:35:12 pm »

Yes, I wouldn't post otherwise :). I agree copyright is an important issue and one that's infringed on a lot, which was the reason for my statement. For copyright questions I would defer to Jack Reznicki who is way more versed than I am on that subject. I know my rights with my photos due to the arrangements I make with my clients, I choose to keep those things private as they are not the norm. I posted in a critique forum though and want to keep on topic. I'm happy to discuss anything about capture, composition etc. and would appreciate that being respected or I can just post my landscape and nature work :).

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »

Sorry to get us off topic, Bryan.  When a person with a very small number of posts comes to the site without much background established, I think we are cautious about letting possible (likely) ignorance of copyright law and the rights of photographers along with their clients go uncommented.  It appears you have it under control.  That is great!

As for another comment on the shots. I like the high-fashion processing style you have chosen for Gwen. It suits here style perfectly. The highlights are bright and sharp.  I am distracted by the red light flare in the upper right corner above the inset box.  I am not generally a big fan of this sort of layout for fine art stuff, though I understand your purposes are probably different. So with this layout, I think that red circle is doubly distracting.

regards
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

l_d_allan

• Berean photos
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 01:51:05 pm »

I posted in a critique forum though and want to keep on topic. I'm happy to discuss anything about capture, composition etc. and would appreciate that being respected or I can just post my landscape and nature work :).

Sorry for contributing to the quasi-hijack of the OP.
retired in Colorado Springs, CO, USA ... hobby'ist with mostly Canon gear

bryanlinden

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 02:33:48 pm »

Sorry for contributing to the quasi-hijack of the OP.

No worries, lol :). I don't have any current bio stuff on me but here's a little something Peterson's Photographic wrote about me, I have others including a bio Apple did on me, just not online right now.
[MODERATOR EDIT: Caution when using this link. See posts below]
http://lindenphoto.net/photographic/

Cheers,
Bryan
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:27:23 pm by Chris Sanderson »

nemo295

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »

Yes, I wouldn't post otherwise :). I agree copyright is an important issue and one that's infringed on a lot, which was the reason for my statement. For copyright questions I would defer to Jack Reznicki who is way more versed than I am on that subject. I know my rights with my photos due to the arrangements I make with my clients, I choose to keep those things private as they are not the norm. I posted in a critique forum though and want to keep on topic. I'm happy to discuss anything about capture, composition etc. and would appreciate that being respected or I can just post my landscape and nature work :).

Sure, no one needs to know the details of your agreements. But we've all seen newbies on this forum who wouldn't think twice about posting work they don't have rights to or even someone else's work without proper attribution. You're obviously not one of them.

Lastly, I think they're great concert shots. Good work.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 12:19:24 am »

Don't try to open his bio link as it contains a rather nasty Trojan Horse. Fortunately, I have great blockers.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rocco Penny

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 10:37:54 am »

It's true,
Bryan
your website you are linking us to is identified as a harmful address by 2 of my 3 security programs
Get in there and fix it or delink the addy from your posts
Not everyone will be able to defend their puters from your nasties

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:12 am »

Tested it. Nothing wrong with the link. It's a poorly coded page, and the main site runs off Flash.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

bryanlinden

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:42 am »

Well that stinks!!! I think the main site is fine and it looks like something got into my blog. I've been planning on redoing the blog but until then I'll get in and run some tests and fix the current issue. I didn't get a virus notice but did get a notice that there is something going on. I'm sorry for those that experiences a problem, I'm on it and appreciate the notification. :D

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:46 pm »

Don't try to open his bio link as it contains a rather nasty Trojan Horse. Fortunately, I have great blockers.

I have a Mac ;D

bryanlinden

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »

FYI, there was a security breach on my site. The info at google could potenitally contain mallware but when I ran the google tools it just said there were possible redirects. I had been wanting to redo my blog for a while so I trashed the whole thing and asked google to review it. Any signs of mallware are gone and the link I shared before is and was fine but sorry if I scarred anyone seeing the message. Google always makes it wound like the person who's been attacked is doing wrong when it's the people who hack. That's life today :(. My blog will be redone asap, just moved this past weekend, but main site is fine and so are provided links. Thank you for bringing the problem to my attention and happy snapping :)

Vladimirovich

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:42 pm »

I have a Mac ;D
reminds me some aboriginal people w/o a properly trained immune system.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up