Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MF film and Digital Back Forum  (Read 8467 times)

TMARK

Re: MF film and Digital Back Forum
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »

I didn't mind the "critical of MFD" posts at first, as there was lots of Kool Aid being consumed regarding MFD's SUPERIORITY. At the base of all of the criticism there is some truth.  Then it got WAY out of hand.  Way Way out of hand.  Criticism beyond reason. 

Rob C

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

I didn't mind the "critical of MFD" posts at first, as there was lots of Kool Aid being consumed regarding MFD's SUPERIORITY. At the base of all of the criticism there is some truth.  Then it got WAY out of hand.  Way Way out of hand.  Criticism beyond reason. 

I've come across this thing before here: what is Kool Aid and what's its property? I simply don't get the references...

Rob C

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

I've come across this thing before here: what is Kool Aid and what's its property? I simply don't get the references...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:03 pm »

Debate is not the same as a diatribe.

Criticism is not the same as a witch hunt.

Information is not the same as misinformation.

I welcome debate, criticism, and information — regardless of format.

I despise diatribes, witch hunts, and misinformation — regardless of format.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »

See? Again this hateful behavior - somebody is airing a perfectly understandable gripe about the forum members and Nikon and equipment nerds, some juicy character assassination is done with the required vim and vinegar, and then BANG - comes Paul and suddenly it's all about actual images and real world technique. Yuck, can't even have a decent trollfight in this forum without getting bit in the ass by working artists :)

Edmund

Thanks for the props Jeffery  ;)

Some new images from a recent trip to NYC

Paul
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:19:44 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 06:36:22 pm »

I'm working with a custom printer in San Francisco (Eiger Studios - I plug Lenny Eiger whenever I can because his drum scans are outstanding, and he's a really nice guy). Unfortunately I haven't gone very far with the prints yet because I spend a lot of my time taking care of my dying father... Lenny uses a Roland printer with a custom inkset based on the ones from Piezography and the results are spectacular.

Paul

Crazy, Lenny and I used to chat all the time back when I was in the market for a drum scanner.  He was so helpful and informative.  I was also doing Piezography at the time.  The all carbon inkset makes damn beautiful prints.  I ended up buying a refurbished Howtek 4500, nothing else I tried (including the Imacons) could do black and white negs right.  That beast churned out some beautiful images.  These two series were all scanned on it from 35mm Tri-X

Street Work
More Street Work

CB

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 08:16:04 pm »

Actually, yes you are. You are trying to dictate the form and function of the subforum (this one) to your own desires

Thank you I appreciate your thoughts.   Perhaps if you like you can PM me exactly what you mean by "form and function of the sub forum" 

If you aren't happy with the way LuLa is run, ask for your money back–oh, wait, you didn't pay anything to come here...

Hmmm do you mean....Not in my backyard? Or love it or leave it?  I apologize I didn't know it was required to have 4200 posts before you could post.  How does one go from 42 to 4200 posts without posting?

Sorry, I'm not sure you really have the seniority to be so critical.

Really?  It's critical to Lu-La to express the thought that it might be  a good idea to have a topic or forum section or sub forum or space where to quote another poster "is devoted to those who use, like and want to learn more from others who use, like and want to share about MFD."

Luminous Landscape is a valuable resource to many photography lovers both pro and enthusiasts.

Regards,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

bcroslin

• http://www.bobcroslin.com
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 08:31:29 pm »

Jeffrey!

If you had just stuck with Diana cameras and film think of all the time you would have saved reading the responses of pixel peepers who's biggest issue is whether they should photograph the lens chart instead of the mailbox.

Joking aside - this forum has a pretty high signal to noise ratio but occasionally someone posts something invaluable. You just have to be willing to sift through the garbage. I  just lurk these days as I no longer have skin in the game (sold my P45+ 2 years ago) but I've always found there to be some really helpful people on Lu-La. What keeps me coming back is seeing photographers like you pop up here from time to time. It means these forums are still relevant.

You're work is awesome as always. Hope you're well.

Bob
Bob Croslin, Photographer
[url=http://ww

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 08:32:03 pm »

Hi Paul,

I was curious about your digital/film/bw workflow.  Thanks for sharing. I rarely shoot with the idea of a B/W print or output.  I really appreciate a finely crafted B/W print.  My question about digital zone system was perhaps not the right question.  Some photographers inherently pick the right subjects, with textures, tone and contrast which will convert beautifully to B&W. I can clearly see that's what you do.

Thanks for sharing the information about your printer.  In Miami we have a master printer named Randy Mitchell who has printed for Helmut Newton and many other high fashion photographers.

My best in regards to your father.

Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

Thanks Bob.  Love your stuff.   Now I know why I never get in gigs in Tampa anymore!

regards,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 09:23:21 pm »

Really?  It's critical to Lu-La to express the thought that it might be  a good idea to have a topic or forum section or sub forum or space where to quote another poster "is devoted to those who use, like and want to learn more from others who use, like and want to share about MFD."

Check the forum you are posting in...it's name is Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography. The fact that YOU don't think it's large format enough says a lot more about you than the forum (think elitist?). What you are trying to do (with now your 45th post) is to try to control what is, Mike's house...you know, Michael Reichmann the guy that hosts this site? You don't sit down in Mike's living room and fart (by complaining about the organization of the forums) and not expect some people who have been here a while taking umbrage?

Look, all ya gotta do is be a bit selective...selective in the threads you start or post to. It's far easier to control your own actions than the actions of others. You want to start a thread about topics you are interested in? Do so... Bitching about the forums or the behavior of others here is less useful.

You don't like it here, start your own forum and play dictator there. Don't come here and try to dictate, it doesn't go over too well, ya know?

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 09:53:09 pm »

Check the forum you are posting in...it's name is Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography. The fact that YOU don't think it's large format enough says a lot more about you than the forum (think elitist?). What you are trying to do (with now your 45th post) is to try to control what is, Mike's house...you know, Michael Reichmann the guy that hosts this site? You don't sit down in Mike's living room and fart (by complaining about the organization of the forums) and not expect some people who have been here a while taking umbrage?

Look, all ya gotta do is be a bit selective...selective in the threads you start or post to. It's far easier to control your own actions than the actions of others. You want to start a thread about topics you are interested in? Do so... Bitching about the forums or the behavior of others here is less useful.

You don't like it here, start your own forum and play dictator there. Don't come here and try to dictate, it doesn't go over too well, ya know?

I believe you believe that.

Thank you for your thoughts.

regards,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »

See? Again this hateful behavior - somebody is airing a perfectly understandable gripe about the forum members and Nikon and equipment nerds, some juicy character assassination is done with the required vim and vinegar, and then BANG - comes Paul and suddenly it's all about actual images and real world technique. Yuck, can't even have a decent trollfight in this forum without getting bit in the ass by working artists :)

Edmund

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRom-BYrAGI

LOL Edmund, LOL ;)

michael

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »

Goodnight Gracie.

Michael
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up