Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NIK & Perfect Photo Suite Conflict?  (Read 1632 times)

Paris1968

NIK & Perfect Photo Suite Conflict?
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:35 am »

I took advantage of the recent sale and bought the NIK Collection, and I also purchaed Perfect Photo Suite 7.  I installed NIK and everything went fine.  Then, when I installed Perfect Photo Suite 7, it casued PS5 to crash, and PS6 to work only intermittantly. I went back and uninstalled PP Suite 7, and everything is back to normal. I already had Perfect Resize installed before the NIK Collection, and it didn't casue a problem, so I am wondering if NIK and PP 7, or PP 7.1, the updated version, cannot be installed together.  BTW, I use Windows 7.

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
Re: NIK & Perfect Photo Suite Conflict?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:41:07 pm »

Hi.

I have been using NIK, PhotoSuite 7 and PS CS6 for some time now and have not experienced any problems. About 2 weeks ago, installed the update Goggle version of the NIK software and it is still working. I run Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I use PS and NIK the most.

Not easy to troubleshoot this type of problem. Anything from a driver to some other app that uses a shared DLL can cause this problem. Hopefully doing a internet search might show others with a similar problem or maybe some here has had this can offer a solution that worked for him.

Have you tried resting your photoshop settings?

Andrew

I took advantage of the recent sale and bought the NIK Collection, and I also purchaed Perfect Photo Suite 7.  I installed NIK and everything went fine.  Then, when I installed Perfect Photo Suite 7, it casued PS5 to crash, and PS6 to work only intermittantly. I went back and uninstalled PP Suite 7, and everything is back to normal. I already had Perfect Resize installed before the NIK Collection, and it didn't casue a problem, so I am wondering if NIK and PP 7, or PP 7.1, the updated version, cannot be installed together.  BTW, I use Windows 7.
Capture the moment.

Pictus

• Retouching
Re: NIK & Perfect Photo Suite Conflict?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:20 am »

I do not know, but:
1-Update the video driver
2-Reset Photoshop http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-reset-photoshop-to-default-settings

After video driver update or installing a plug-in, it is a good idea to reset Photoshop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up