Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Pro Rumor  (Read 11189 times)

fredjeang2

Re: Mac Pro Rumor
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:44 am »

over time Apples Hard ware has become Soft ware :)

Yeah. I don't know what is happening, but it seems that Apple has changed its strategy the latest years.

It's very posible that they become what Windows was and vice-versa. There is too much power available now on Windows for less cost and the Windows OS aren't garbage anymore.
The only thing is that peecees don't have the cool factor Apple does. (and oh yeah, the imposibility to writte prores wich is the secret weappon of Apple. They block the game with a codec they know is very good.
Not fair but commercialy perfect.)

Think that Chris is underpowered, but didn't switched to the dark pc force yet because FCPx is Mac-only.  ??? What the hell is doing Apple? I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:14:33 am by fredjeang2 »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:52 am »

This might be of interest...

Jeremy

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 12:28:39 pm »

Jeremy

Yes, that 'had' me on April Fool's Day

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »

Jeremy
That's a good one. ;D
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

JFR

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 10:31:55 am »

In the meantime, you can't order a Mac Pro from the Apple online store here in Holland anymore.

BJL

In the meantime, you can't order a Mac Pro from the Apple online store here in Holland anymore.
Nor anywhere in the EU, since the current MacPro uses an old electrical and fan design that
"are not compliant with Amendment 1 of regulation IEC 60950-1, Second Edition"
in the words of a memo from Apple quote at http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3937442/apple-discontinuing-mac-pro-in-europe-over-regulatory-standards.

By the way, this is not just an over-zealous EU regulation: that standard is international, also used in the USA, and compliance is also required of all new computer applying for UL certification in the US as of the same date, March 1, 2013:
http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/offerings/industries/hightech/informationtechnology/dates/609501b/
The difference is that the EU enforces compliance earlier or more strictly.

JFR

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »

Yes, they better be careful with that, they don't want to get sued.

I thought the new one was gonna come out one of these days, but apparently that is still quite a bit away. Somehow you get the feeling they must have seen this coming. It reeks of bad management.

barryfitzgerald

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 08:18:17 am »

Very strange sounds like some daft EU regulation. Fan guards and covers for electrical parts? I've built tower pc's for years and I've yet to chop a finger off with a pc fan, or electrocute myself either.
On the other hand I don't see the other big pc makers pulling their tower computers so I would have expected Apple to do what is required to comply with this.

BJL

Mac Pro and IEC/UL standards
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 08:57:30 am »

Very strange sounds like some daft EU regulation. Fan guards and covers for electrical parts? I've built tower pc's for years and I've yet to chop a finger off with a pc fan, or electrocute myself either.
On the other hand I don't see the other big pc makers pulling their tower computers so I would have expected Apple to do what is required to comply with this.
Barry, reread my post: it is an international rule of the International Electrotechnical Commission http://www.iec.ch with the following list of national affiliations http://www.iec.ch/dyn/www/f?p=103:5:0 and the revised standard also in practice applies to any new product introduced in the US as of March 1, 2013, due to the de facto need for UL certification.

I suspect that the problem is that Apple did not plan on keeping the current MacPro model around for so long, so either
(a) its design predates those new standards, or
(b) the proposed standard was known back when the current Mac Pro was designed (about six years ago), but back then, Apple expected to have a new, compliant model out before the compliance deadline of March 1, 2013.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:13:49 am by BJL »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up