Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picfari  (Read 1246 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Picfari
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:57 am »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... I guess it had to happen at some point... Picfari.com is a website that will take you to the exact location to get that amazing photo from just the right angle. – matching up your tripod footprint to those who have gone before you. Certainly other websites offer similar possibilities, but this one seems to take it to a whole new level where you can use their mobile app to map out exactly where you want to stand for each photo on your trip and what focal length to use, etc. Rather sickening to the adventurous!

While it may appear the Age of Discovery is well and truly over, i guess that's only true for "P & S"ers who need to be told what to take when and how. That being said, I can see stock photographers gleaning this site to produce - oh right - more of the same old, same old.

What's your take on picfari.com?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:49:31 pm by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: Picfari
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

Brilliant stuff. Once Google Earth is improved we can just take screen grabs & dispense with the whole 'camera' nonsense altogether

degrub

Re: Picfari
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:07 am »

Well, if you read the terms and conditions, you grant them a transferable license to use your content in anyway they see fit.

"PICFARI does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant to PICFARI a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty- free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service, subject to the PICFARI Privacy Policy."

NOT!

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up