Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buying equipment from Evergreen in UK  (Read 1409 times)

shybuck

buying equipment from Evergreen in UK
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:32:03 am »

I'm looking for new equipment  possibly a new camera body and came across Evergreen in the UK. They look like a ligit site with offices and contacts also in the US. Has anyone ever dealt with these people before? Their pricing looks quite good.
Thanks in advance for your reply's.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: buying equipment from Evergreen in UK
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:41:24 am »

Never heard of them before (I live in the UK)

Richard Morwood

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:46 am »

Never heard of them either (also live in UK)
Richard

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:35 pm »

Never come across them.
Curious for a small (unknown) business in the UK to have a US address. Are they selling grey imports ? If so be very careful, are they the same spec as a genuine UK import ? will any warranty be honoured in the UK ? has duty and VAT been paid ?

Listening to the news today, you might be able to get a good deal from Jessops under their new owner now. Peter Jones was talking about price matching the internet dealers on Today this morning.

Paul in the UK

brianrybolt

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:38:45 am »

Never heard of them.  I've been buying equipment in the UK for the past 33 years. 

Be careful.

Brian

shybuck

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:43:18 pm »

I did more snooping, which was a bit frustrating since their phone was constantly busy. They did in fact get back to me in response to my
 email asking questions about warranty, firmware, and service etc.
They are an international importer saying their products are genuine in sealed original boxes with an international warranty for  18 mos.
Well , there goes the bubble......poof.
One can always dream. I was entertaining thoughts of a D800 and I did find some in Chicago, but have yet to determine if it's U.S.A. So while investigating further I found myself wondering perilously close to the MKIII vs D800 vortex. Oh, what a hot crowded corner. Yes, it consumed me almost whole, but in time I remembered  my original impetuous. I want to print big, well big as my 24" printer will allow. And I'm being romanced by 36 million pixels. I'm not completely happy with my MKII and it's AF when at horse events, but that's another story.
I'll sit back for now and let cool rational breezes wash over me. Thanks to all for your concerned warnings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up