Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orchid 1  (Read 1453 times)

bryanlinden

• There is no try... only do!
    • Linden Photography & Design
Orchid 1
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »

Just a close up of an orchid. I sprayed it with a little water and used a black reflector behind it and shot in natural light. This is the original file but in print on silver metallic paper it came out stunning IMHO :).
Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.

orchidblooms

Re: Orchid 1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:10:08 pm »

for my liking - the sepals look to be a bit over exposed - otherwise - nice... and appealing

what sort 'silver metallic' paper did you use?

and what in the world is a black reflector?

phil

bryanlinden

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:49:54 pm »

Thank you Phil. Ok, you got me black doesn't exactly reflect but it's the black side of a 5-in-1 reflector (too absorb light) and give an easy black background. I'll post another image done the same way. I could do in studio, but why when using the reflector method is easy. I sometimes pull the translucent part out and use that to soften the light.

The paper is Finestra Metallic Silver, here's a link and if you stay on the page a sec. there's a video that shows the gold and the silver metallic close up.
http://finestraart.com/metallic-silver-photo-paper/

Cheers,
Bryan
Nothing beats great media to show off our photos. My favorites are Finestraart.com Smooth Fine Art, Premium Pearl and Metallic Silver all for different reasons.

orchidblooms

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »

looks to be an interesting paper - never have seen mention of this before...

bryanlinden

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »

It's pretty new and not for everything, but the things it's good for it's really good for. I photograph a lot of concerts for big clients and just did a Gwen Stefani print on it that is friggin' awesome. I've also printed some outdoor wedding stuff on it and I was surprised how the whites still look white when printing on silver. Could just be eyes compensating, who cares, it looks good. Finestra has another awesome paper I like for self mount albums and large prints called Premium Pearl. What's cool about it is the way light catches the facets of the paper, plus it doesn't fingerprint even right out of the printer. That's why I like it for self mount albums, sturdy and has a look that I hadn't seen before.

Tonysx

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

The paper sounds nice but I find the water droplets altogether too regular and a bit phoney looking
‘Be you ever so high, the law

bryanlinden

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:04:48 pm »

To each his own, right :). I wanted a lot of water and it's real water but maybe overdone for your taste. I'm cool with that. :)

ced

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »

Nice image!
The arrangement of the droplets must have been painstakingly long.
 ;)

bryanlinden

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:40 pm »

It may look that way but the truth is a little water mixed with a tiny bit of cooking oil made it just a few squirts, no special placement. I like easy :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up