Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Solution for Calibrating & Profiling a Combo of Macs and PCs?  (Read 2433 times)

Misirlou

• http://

Folks,

Can anyone recommend a good monitor calibration/profiling package for use with multiple combos of user and O/S? My department tests a lot of different combinations of O/S and S/W configuration practically every day. Two of us have Macs that we boot into OSX, and also Windows 7 under Bootcamp, (or even Parallels under OSX), and two others use regular PCs, both desktop and laptop.

Ideally, I’d like to use the same targets for the whole set, although I understand the limitations of cross-platform matches. What I’m most trying to avoid is having to buy a license key for every H/W and boot configuration we have. We’ve got a lot of combos to deal with, but there are only four people, and each person only works with one system configuration at a time.

I run a Datacolor package on my home system, but I'm the only user, and I only have two computers. I’ve been looking at X-Rite i1Display Pro bundles, but it’s not clear to me how their licenses work. Whatever I choose must be 100% in compliance with the vendor’s legal requirements. Any ideas?

Thanks

howardm

Re: Good Solution for Calibrating & Profiling a Combo of Macs and PCs?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:04:14 pm »

You could just contact them and get a copy of the EULA (which they must provide).

Since the software is useless w/o hardware and you're not doing it as a professional (ie. provider and paying client)
I think you'll be fine but do check.

Misirlou

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:06 pm »

You could just contact them and get a copy of the EULA (which they must provide).

Since the software is useless w/o hardware and you're not doing it as a professional (ie. provider and paying client)
I think you'll be fine but do check.

Yeah, that would probably work, assuming I can digest their particular flavor of legal obfustication. I'll give it a shot.

rickhatCHROMiX

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »

As a reseller and consultant I can confidently tell you that the software license for the i1Display Pro (i1Profiler Monitor module) will work fine for any number of Mac or Win workstations. And supports all the latest OS versions. The license is open and allows unlimited seats.

Does that help?

Rick Hatmaker
CHROMiX

Misirlou

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:42:18 am »

As a reseller and consultant I can confidently tell you that the software license for the i1Display Pro (i1Profiler Monitor module) will work fine for any number of Mac or Win workstations. And supports all the latest OS versions. The license is open and allows unlimited seats.

Does that help?

Rick Hatmaker
CHROMiX

Rick,

Very much. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Yesterday, I sent a polite e-mail to x-rite asking for a copy of the their EULA. Nothing back so far.

Thank you for the info. I'll be sending you a PM with a few more questions...

howardm

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

The EULA is posted on the i1Display Pro Support/Download page.

Yes, you can do exactly what you want by my read of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up