Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestions wanted for cheap 42 or 44 inch matte paper with high resolution  (Read 2437 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

Hi All,
I'm going to be printing some targets for lens testing with Imatest with my z3200 and am looking for a compromise in a matte roll paper that can achieve fairly good resolution but isn't going to be super expensive.  Color gamut not important, but stiff paper that doesn't wrinkle and gets good res is.   Suggestions welcome.   

Thanks,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

mshea

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure what you consider super expensive, but I find Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Ultra Smooth produces excellent resolution, and it's quite stiff.

Merrill

chichornio

If you can find where to buy the HP Matte Litho-realistic Paper 270gms, it will be the perfect match for you z3200. It is not cotton made though, but it`s rendering is great and with a great longevity.

Ernst Dinkla

A heavy RC paper, semi-matte, will have a higher contrast and is more stable in its dimensions. Surface better protected to scratching and air pollution. The more with a thin layer of satin varnish. Epson Proofing White Semi-Matte 256 gsm? If matte art papers are used apply a varnish like that too on both sides.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
December 2012, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

The HP Litho realistic paper only comes in 36 inch rolls but I'll think if I can print the target in two pieces or not.   What about the epson enhanced matte which does come in 44 inch rolls?   

Thanks,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

Forgot to add that the epson white proofing semi matte was twice the cost of the others and I am a bit worried about glare from semi matte.  I have a roll of epson enhanced semi matte and its too reflective.
Rolleiflex USA

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography

I have an artist friend that does very intricate 'cartoon' drawings with cross-hatching and very fine lines. He's been extremely pleased with the results on the Enhanced Matte... and he's very picky (in a good way).
Mike Guilbault

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography

I have an artist friend that does very intricate 'cartoon' drawings with cross-hatching and very fine lines. He's been extremely pleased with the results on the Enhanced Matte... and he's very picky (in a good way).

I've used Epson Enhanced Matte exclusively for all my galleries the last six years with my Epson 9800 and 9900. Great color and more than enough detail for all my landscape work.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA

Thanks to all - I ended up choosing the HP realistic matte litho for the thickness and have made a number of prints on it including my charts.  It seems very nice. 
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up