Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeff's book the Digital Print can be preordered  (Read 12268 times)

johnvr

Re: Jeff's book the Digital Print can be preordered
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:05 am »

So, did you read the book's description? "The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing"

Guess which app get's really extensive coverage? Lightroom...

Personally, I print from Lightroom because the workflow is superior to Photoshop. Photoshop is ok and both Photoshop and Lightroom can produce essentially the same results. But the workflow in Lightroom makes it easier with far less chance of user error...

That said, there are things you'll still need Photoshop (or some sort of pixel editor) for; retouching and image combinations and all the stuff Photoshop can do that Lightroom can't.

So, it would be disingenuous to ignore Photoshop and only deal with Lightroom. But even if I work on them in Photoshop I save them and end up printing from Lightroom.

I was just poking fun at you, Jeff. If you read another post of mine, you would have noticed that I'm flabbergasted how someone like you, who makes his money from educating thousands of enthusiastic amateurs on Photoshop, can be as condescending toward that audience as you were in the 'adobe misunderstood' thread. Both Kelby and you are rightly getting a lot of flack, because you both act like you care more about Adobe than about your audience.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 08:34:54 am »

I was just poking fun at you, Jeff. If you read another post of mine, you would have noticed that I'm flabbergasted how someone like you, who makes his money from educating thousands of enthusiastic amateurs on Photoshop, can be as condescending toward that audience as you were in the 'adobe misunderstood' thread. Both Kelby and you are rightly getting a lot of flack, because you both act like you care more about Adobe than about your audience.

Jeez, lighten up will ya? Jeff is Jeff and we are lucky to be able to benefit from his expertise. And, my experience in life is that it is the more insecure people who are most bothered by "condescensions" from other. Just sayin'...

johnvr

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:32 am »

Jeez, lighten up will ya? Jeff is Jeff and we are lucky to be able to benefit from his expertise. And, my experience in life is that it is the more insecure people who are most bothered by "condescensions" from other. Just sayin'...

We pay for his expertise.

I'm a journalist. I believe readers come first. That's not insecurity. That's a professional belief. For Jeff, and others who seem to identify more with Adobe than with their audience, it's apparently hard to live by that rule.

What we have seen so far is Jeff and Scott defending Adobe and DPReview lobbying softballs at Adobe.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 02:26:20 am »

If you read another post of mine, you would have noticed that I'm flabbergasted how someone like you, who makes his money from educating thousands of enthusiastic amateurs on Photoshop, can be as condescending toward that audience as you were in the 'adobe misunderstood' thread.

So, tell me EXACTLY how I was "condescending"? By telling amateurs that Photoshop is designed a pro app for pro users? That Adobe doesn't know how to communicate with non=pros and that what Adobe is doing is what they think is in the best interest in of the industry and Adobe? Which is really all they need to do...

Yes, I can be "condescending", generally towards uneducated people who don't understand the way the industry is and have unreasonable expectations regarding their power or importance in that industry...the only application in Adobe's suite of apps designed for photographers is Lightroom...certainly not Photoshop.

I defend my friends at Adobe (mostly engineers) I don't defend Adobe corporate...sorry if you can't parse the difference...

And don't lump me with Scott...if you had half a clue you would know there is a substantial difference.

I speak my mind...I say what I believe and if you don't like it, you know precisely what you can do with yourself...right?

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »

Hi all,

If you want the next book by Jeff Schewe, The Digital Print, it is available for pre-order at Amazon.com and they say shipping is May 30. In case anyone is interested.....  ;D

Alan

Now it's August 2nd. I will be buying a copy, but I see no reason to give Amazon my money 3 months in advance.

johnvr

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »

So, tell me EXACTLY how I was "condescending"? By telling amateurs that Photoshop is designed a pro app for pro users? That Adobe doesn't know how to communicate with non=pros and that what Adobe is doing is what they think is in the best interest in of the industry and Adobe? Which is really all they need to do...

Yes, I can be "condescending", generally towards uneducated people who don't understand the way the industry is and have unreasonable expectations regarding their power or importance in that industry...the only application in Adobe's suite of apps designed for photographers is Lightroom...certainly not Photoshop.

I defend my friends at Adobe (mostly engineers) I don't defend Adobe corporate...sorry if you can't parse the difference...

And don't lump me with Scott...if you had half a clue you would know there is a substantial difference.

I speak my mind...I say what I believe and if you don't like it, you know precisely what you can do with yourself...right?

Your last sentence confirms my description of your behavior. You did the same thing in another thread toward several other readers and actually promised to behave in the last thread you started.

I actually liked the thread you started and commended you on that, but apparently you find it hard to accept criticism of your behavior toward your audience.

I speak my mind as well, you apparently don't like it, but I'm not telling you to do anything with yourself, do I?

Dan Glynhampton

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »

Now it's August 2nd. I will be buying a copy, but I see no reason to give Amazon my money 3 months in advance.

I don't think you need to give them money in advance Peter, I pre-ordered it back in February and they haven't charged me anything yet, they do so at dispatch. Even better, the price has been reduced since I placed my order but they will charge me the lowest price at which they have offered it before it is released, so there's nothing to lose by pre-ordering.

Dan
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:48:13 pm by Dan Glynhampton »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up