Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qimage Ultimate on Mac under Parallels with Win 8n- Not working  (Read 1358 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography

Have used Qimage for a number of years on a Win 7 PC and really liked it.  Recently moved to new iMac and read Qimage would run with Parallels installed.  SO ---- Bought Parallels, Win 8 and Qimage Ultimate.  All installs went well and all seems to be OK till I tried to print something from Qimage.  Selected an image, went to select the paper profiles and they were not shown (have been able to print from LR and PS6 on the Mac side with no problems)  Tried to navigate in the dialog box to select profile over to the Mac Library/colorsync/profiles side but no can do.  Must I copy all the profiles over to the windows location.  A pain if necessary trying to keep those synchronized.  I suppose same solution for monitor profiles?

Then the selection of the printer.  When I try to do printer setup I can see and select from my 3 printers but when trying to go to properties setup nothing is the same as it was before on my Win 7 PC or now when I print from the Mac side with LR or PS (which works perfectly).  DO I again have to load the PC drivers for the Z3200 and Epson 3880?

So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

hugowolf

Re: Qimage Ultimate on Mac under Parallels with Win 8n- Not working
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »

Have used Qimage for a number of years on a Win 7 PC and really liked it.  Recently moved to new iMac and read Qimage would run with Parallels installed.  SO ---- Bought Parallels, Win 8 and Qimage Ultimate.  All installs went well and all seems to be OK till I tried to print something from Qimage.  Selected an image, went to select the paper profiles and they were not shown (have been able to print from LR and PS6 on the Mac side with no problems)  Tried to navigate in the dialog box to select profile over to the Mac Library/colorsync/profiles side but no can do.  Must I copy all the profiles over to the windows location.  A pain if necessary trying to keep those synchronized.  I suppose same solution for monitor profiles?
If you can navigate to the Mac profile folder from Win8, then you should be able to just select all the profiles, right click and choose Install. It would be very easy to write a script of either OS that put new profiles into both the ringth places.

Then the selection of the printer.  When I try to do printer setup I can see and select from my 3 printers but when trying to go to properties setup nothing is the same as it was before on my Win 7 PC or now when I print from the Mac side with LR or PS (which works perfectly).  DO I again have to load the PC drivers for the Z3200 and Epson 3880?
Yes, drivers are mostly written in assembly, they are very architecture/OS dependent. You will need to keep both sets of divers current.

Brian A

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Re: Qimage Ultimate on Mac under Parallels with Win 8n- Not working
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:03:52 pm »

Thank you Hugo,

I dowloaded the win 8 64bit driver for the Epson 3880 and the profiles were also loaded when I did that.  Had to manually configure to the ethernet connection.  Now I can see the proper printer configuration and settings as I did under windows on my PC.  I will now do the same for my HP Z3200 and that should get the printer drivers installed and operating.

I now have an issue with Qimage when trying to select a new printer profile a "Color Management" dialog box opens from Qimage and there is a selection to pick a profile.  Problem is when you select that a window opens right behind the "Color Management" one and I can partially see the listing of the Epson paper profiles but can't select one and when I try to move the window behind "Color Management" it seems to blank out and hang.  THen I have to Quit Qimage.  So I guess I will have to leave a message on the Qimage site.

Thanks for your help though you got me part of the way there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up