Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please with MF Choices  (Read 21419 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Help please with MF Choices
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2013, 09:19:56 am »

Joe's words were quite different
Serious is still the word I am sticking with here, especially when I am use to dealing with lenses that have very little or none.  Shooting with the 35mm on a full frame where the edge of a wall is placed towards the edge of the image gives very noticeable barrel distortion, especially when you are shooting with the camera level.  In my opinion, it is unacceptable that a "L" series prime has this much barrel distortion.  

Your opinion of the lens is not doubt due to the subject matter that you shoot, and that is perfectly ok.  But for my subject matter, it is not ok.  Handing over files with that much distortion would surely not get me hired again.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:21:36 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

FredBGG

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 03:51:00 am »

Serious is still the word I am sticking with here, especially when I am use to dealing with lenses that have very little or none.  Shooting with the 35mm on a full frame where the edge of a wall is placed towards the edge of the image gives very noticeable barrel distortion, especially when you are shooting with the camera level.  In my opinion, it is unacceptable that a "L" series prime has this much barrel distortion.  

Your opinion of the lens is not doubt due to the subject matter that you shoot, and that is perfectly ok.  But for my subject matter, it is not ok.  Handing over files with that much distortion would surely not get me hired again.  

What lenses are you using?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2013, 05:07:14 am »

Hi,

Stefan Steib, the man behind the Hartblei HCam things the issues are related more battery chargers than batteries. He found a charger that works well.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=59092.msg477285#msg477285

Best regards
Erik

No one has said you can't do a job because you don't have weather sealing.

Common sense always counts. One should be realistically cautious with ones gear.
But common sense is also choosing a weather sealed camera if the camera is going to be used in  conditions where weather sealing would help.
Obviously that choice has to be balanced with other needs.

No one is saying that if you have a weather sealed camera you can tread it like a dirt bike.

Anyway it's really quite sad that one cannot even have a discussion about the advantages of one MFD fully weather sealed camera compared to other
far less weather sealed MFD cameras with out being jumped on by the Phase One advocates that in many cases hear work in one way or another for/with
Phase One.

I wonder if the issues these other Phase One users could have benefited from better weather sealing ...

As you can see from all of these there are plenty of others with similar problems.... random lockups, jammed shutters...

Erik Kaffehr

Scotty-S

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:31 pm »

Thanks everybody for your thoughts on this.

I have taken some time to think about it and I am going to go ahead with getting the new Leica M to replace my M9.  I am invested in M glass and I really like the output quality that it can achieve, plus the small size and portability.

However.......

I do still really want to get into a high MP MF system, and that will most likely be the Pentax, but I do not see the 8k investment in a 40MP body as justified when a higher MP count body might just be around the corner from Pentax.

I have taken into consideration the fact of having a backup body, and my M will function fine for just that.  Whatever new Pentax MF body is around the corner I think will fit the bill nicely.  I just can not justify the huge purchase of a IQ260 back, plus body and lenses.  Hell, I could get a used 645D for under 5K down the track as a backup body for whatever the new Pentax 645D II body will be.  I think I would be happy with that.

10K for a body is about where I see the limit for me personally, and I am fine with that.  For a large purchase, I am more than happy to wait.

As always, any thoughts on this are most welcome.

Scott

Ken R

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

Thanks everybody for your thoughts on this.

I have taken some time to think about it and I am going to go ahead with getting the new Leica M to replace my M9.  I am invested in M glass and I really like the output quality that it can achieve, plus the small size and portability.

However.......

I do still really want to get into a high MP MF system, and that will most likely be the Pentax, but I do not see the 8k investment in a 40MP body as justified when a higher MP count body might just be around the corner from Pentax.

I have taken into consideration the fact of having a backup body, and my M will function fine for just that.  Whatever new Pentax MF body is around the corner I think will fit the bill nicely.  I just can not justify the huge purchase of a IQ260 back, plus body and lenses.  Hell, I could get a used 645D for under 5K down the track as a backup body for whatever the new Pentax 645D II body will be.  I think I would be happy with that.

10K for a body is about where I see the limit for me personally, and I am fine with that.  For a large purchase, I am more than happy to wait.

As always, any thoughts on this are most welcome.

Scott

I just ordered a 645D and 5 lenses for about $11k. Thats hard to beat for MF Digital.

story HERE

I actually was prepared to spend about $25-30k. I even emailed (twice) one of the leading MFDigital dealers in the US...10 days ago, did not even get a reply. Then people wonder why the economy is bad. Go figure.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:09:30 pm by Ken R »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:02 am »

Please, share your experience!

Best regards
Erik

I just ordered a 645D and 5 lenses for about $11k. Thats hard to beat for MF Digital.

story HERE

I actually was prepared to spend about $25-30k. I even emailed (twice) one of the leading MFDigital dealers in the US...10 days ago, did not even get a reply. Then people wonder why the economy is bad. Go figure.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up