Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which canvas are you using on the canon 8400?  (Read 1797 times)

mg73

Which canvas are you using on the canon 8400?
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

Just got my new canon 8400 set up.  (What a beast to get up the two flights of stairs!)  I'm going to print some large prints and gallery wrap them.  I'm wondering what canvas you 8400 users are using and liking.   On my Epson 7600, I used the epson gloss and the premier art gloss the photo black ink and spray them with varnish and really like it.  I haven't used matt or satin canvas, but I'm open to satin.  I'd like to start with a gloss, and of course the epson gloss comes to mind, but I don't have a profile for it.  I can't seem to find a gloss canvas for the 8400 with a stock icc profile.  Anyone got any comments about satin compared to gloss?   What are you using that you like and how do you coat it?

Thanks

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
Re: Which canvas are you using on the canon 8400?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:23 pm »

breathing color Lyve coated with Timeless Gloss. canvas is not gloss, coating is. breeze to work with and lovely results.

Luca Ragogna

• PicFoundry
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:03:17 pm »

Ditto on the Lyve + Timeless combo. I also run Lexjet Sunset Reserve, Hahn Monet and I have a few old rolls of Epson canvas that I'm using up slowly. If you custom profile you can print on any canvas and it'll look great.

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:09 am »

I use Breathing Color's Chromata White, plus either the Glamour II glossy coating or their Timeless matte. Remember, a glossy canvas still needs to be coated for protective purposes. I prefer the non-glossy material so I can choose the finish at the time of coating.
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi

acktdi

• alvinchanphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 12:08:19 pm »

I've been using Breathing Color's Lyve with Timeless Satin or Matte coating, sprayed with a Wagner hvlp gun.  I've been very happy with the results.  BC's support is top notch, when I got my ipf8400, icc profiles were not available for any of their papers so I printed off a bunch and got the profiles back in 2 days no charge.

I have some sample rolls of their Crystalline gloss and satin, but haven't done any tests yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up