Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uploading to proof gallery from LR4  (Read 977 times)

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
uploading to proof gallery from LR4
« on: March 22, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »

Hi folks,
   I'm mostly successful uploading proof galleries from lightroom to my own server. Every now and then a gallery barfs somewhere in the upload process. usually I'm in the 250-300 photo range and it usually chokes somewhere in the 2/3 done range. I'm wondering if there's any way to resume a transfer when this happens instead of having to re-upload and rewrite the whole thing? I've got a slow dsl upstream capability and redoing the upload takes a painful amount of time. is there any way to tell it to just pick up where it left off?
thanks!
Mark

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: uploading to proof gallery from LR4
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:05:10 pm »

The best work around I have found (I don't run in to it often) is to post the gallery to a folder using [Export] rather than [Upload] and then use an FTP program to do the upload.  But, most of the time, LR does just fine on my galleries 250-500 images typically.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography
Re: uploading to proof gallery from LR4
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:21:01 am »

... post the gallery to a folder using [Export] rather than [Upload] and then use an FTP program to do the upload....
I go this way myself - and I use the FileZilla free FTP client  http://filezilla-project.org/

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up