Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearshield Original - OK to use on Canon Lucia inks?  (Read 867 times)

Roscolo

Clearshield Original - OK to use on Canon Lucia inks?
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »

I had some Clearshield Matte and used it up. Worked OK on HP Vivera ink on Phototex, although there did seem to be some slight bleeding caused by the Clearshield, but that was fine for that particular job.

Have an old can of ClearJet Type A2000 Solvent Base and tested it on Lucia Ink on Satin paper and it definitely takes the ink off, but only if you rub it before it's dry (and why would you do that?). Once it's dry it seems fine. I don't see any softening or bleeding in the image.

Anyone use Clearshield Original sprayed on Canon Lucia ink on gloss/satin photo paper?

Also, which gives a more "matte" appearance? They make 4 versions: Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Matte, Satin. I've used the Matte and it's really matte. I'm thinking the Semi-Gloss or Satin may be better. I've seen the Semi-gloss. I've never seen the Satin. Between Semi-Gloss and Satin, which of those is more matte in finish?

Roscolo

Re: Clearshield Original - OK to use on Canon Lucia inks?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:39:58 pm »

If no one has sprayed Clearshield Original on ipf8300 prints or no one who has sees this before tomorrow, guess I'm going to roll the dice and grab a gallon of Matte and give it a go. The place I'm buying from seems to think it will be fine, but they are a sign supply place.

Spraying 5 coats of Clearshield original Matte over HP z3100 Inks on Phototex and the Clearshield has rendered that fade-proof so far hanging in direct sun, wind and rain displayed outside for 7 months.

Should have saved a little of that quart for testing! Lesson learned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up