Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad $4000 off  (Read 8776 times)

sebastian_kubatz

• http://sebastiankubatz.de
Hasselblad $4000 off
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
Re: Hasselblad $4000 off
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:04:52 pm »

In U ask your self, in what was the answer?
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:18:39 pm »

Jayney Sebastian. Only on this forum could someone find the negative in a $4000 reduction. Would you be impressed if they bumped up the price by $4000
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:22:37 pm by Enda Cavanagh »

design_freak

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:26:39 pm »

Only 4 000 ???  ;D ( for H4D )

Best regards,
DF

TMARK

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:28 pm »

Clearing Inventory.

Awesome deal!  The H4d-40 is a great camera.

bcooter

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 02:34:15 pm »

H5D.

I'm sure.  Like cars every previous year model is discounted.

Also since a lot of people are moved by the megapixel numbers a 40mp sensor next to a 46mpx 35mm camera probably has some relevance in pricing.

Personally I think pixel count is not exactly the only reason to use a certain camera as I like the look of h4d40 file I've seen, lovely skintones to background color, especially on location and the sharpness of the non aa filter.

It seems like a good deal if your looking for a new mfd camera.

btw:   not to go off of topic but everybody is ranting about the Lunar.  I've seen hasselblad's marketing on this camera and it's not bad.  Sure it's a Sony with more bling, but a Cadillac is essentially a Chevrolet with more bling and a lot of companies in all consumer goods source parts and tech from around the world.

Today's world really is flat when it comes to commerce.   There are Chrysler's designed by Fiat with motors sourced from BMW, built in Poland.

That doesn't make them good or bad.

I wouldn't buy a lunar, but know people who would and there is nothing new about a company with a strong brand name leveraging it into other products.

IMO

BC

design_freak

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 02:41:43 pm »

Maybe they should add Lunar to every H4D   ;D
Best regards,
DF

MrSmith

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:43 pm »

it works with all the new lenses and has a screen on the back that is actually worth using? if so it's a good deal. i wouldn't call it a bargain though  :)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

Hi,

I may suggest that Hasselblad has a different business model than say Phase One. They sell using the same channels that Nikon and Canon use, so they can have lower prices, with admittedly less support. Also, my impression is that you can actually send a Hasselblad to the factory for service, without involving any dealer.

With Hasselblad's business model it makes perfect sense to sell at lower price and at a larger volume.

It is quite possible that they reduce price because a new model is coming or for competitive reasons.

Little is known about Hasselblad's financial status as they are a privately owned company.

Best regards
Erik

Why I ask myself?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/H4D_40_Medium_Format_DSLR_Camera/Ntt/H4D-40+Medium+Format+DSLR+Camera/N/0

Seems like a desperate move?
Erik Kaffehr

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:56:17 pm »

These are ok prices for a fine camera.  The discount makes sense with the coming of the H5.  However, one wonders whether the margins are high enough at these kinds of prices -- which is the new reality for  MF -- to sustain the industry much longer. 

Hassy's (ignorant, imho) new owners blew the wad on the Lunar. If that flops the way most people think it will, maybe they will have lost enough money and will sell the company to an owner who cares about next-gen MF cameras.  But R&D in this world ain't cheap. Coming up with the 'new and next' to justify the line continuing will not be a cheap or easy proposition.

Glad it ain't my money on the table.

- N.

Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 12:29:06 am »

$4000 off for the back and body only. Then they say that you can add a 80mm f/2.8 for $2500 dollars making it sound like a deal even though this is what they list for anyway.....and you need a lens....so lets assume you buy the $2500 80mm since its a general purpose lens and the least expensive which is what your interested in if your shopping around for deals anyway so $4000-$2500=$1500 dollar savings...which is utterly pathetic all things considered....Also who the hell buys these damn things at list price exactly?
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 12:46:49 am »

Hi,

A complete system, camera, viewfinder, 40MP back and 80 lens for 15500 is quite a nice price?

Best regards
Erik

$4000 off for the back and body only. Then they say that you can add a 80mm f/2.8 for $2500 dollars making it sound like a deal even though this is what they list for anyway.....and you need a lens....so lets assume you buy the $2500 80mm since its a general purpose lens and the least expensive which is what your interested in if your shopping around for deals anyway so $4000-$2500=$1500 dollar savings...which is utterly pathetic all things considered....Also who the hell buys these damn things at list price exactly?
Erik Kaffehr

Brian Hirschfeld

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 12:48:16 am »

Interesting, and the Stainless steel is certainly prettier, thats not the way the e-mail was worded though, thanks for the correction.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 01:04:27 am »

Hi,

I may suggest that Hasselblad has a different business model than say Phase One. They sell using the same channels that Nikon and Canon use, so they can have lower prices, with admittedly less support. Also, my impression is that you can actually send a Hasselblad to the factory for service, without involving any dealer.

With Hasselblad's business model it makes perfect sense to sell at lower price and at a larger volume.

It is quite possible that they reduce price because a new model is coming or for competitive reasons.

Little is known about Hasselblad's financial status as they are a privately owned company.

Best regards
Erik

While Hasselblad employs more of a Nikon/Canon channel than Phase One, they also still do employ many of the type of more service and support-oriented dealers that Phase One does, including Capture Integration. That does not explain their pricing policy. The difference between employing a service oriented dealer channel and a "Nikon/Canon channel" is significantly over-stated. Say for arguments sake the difference is 10 percentage points, that has an impact, but not as much as some of the price differences would suggest, nor as much as most believe. 10% of a $20,000 camera is $2,000 difference.

Hasselblad - New Gen
$42,995 - H5D-60/80mm
$29,495 - H5D-50/80mm
$20,495 - H5D-40/80mm

Phase One - New Gen
$40,995 - IQ260/DF+/80mm
No comparable for H5D-50
$23,990 - IQ140/DF+/80mm

Leaf - New Gen
$34,095 - Credo 60/DF+/80mm
No comparable for H5D-50
$19,495 - Credo 40/DF+/80mm

Hasselblad - Old Gen
$33,495 - H4D-60/80mm
$25,495 - H4D-50/80mm
$19,495 - H4D-40/80mm

Phase One - Old Gen
$34,995 - IQ160/DF+/80mm
No comparable for H4D-50
$23,990 - IQ140/DF+/80mm

Leaf - Old Gen
$25,995 - Aptus-II 56/DF+/80mm
No comparable for H4D-50
$15,495 - Aptus-II 40/DF+/80mm

Not really much of a difference, although perhaps you could say a 10% difference might account for the lower end price difference. But it's not a pricing strategy (or if it was, it is not a successful one). The difference in price does not create the necessary increase in volume.

I don't have an issue with the promotional price of the H4D-40 without a lens for $12,995 or with a lens for $15,495. The problem I have is that it should be a permanent price, and should have been reduced at the time of the H5D announcement. The "normal" price of the H4D-40 with lens is only $1,000 less than the H5D-40 with lens, which makes no sense. This shouldn't be a "promotion" it should be a price reduction.

Yes, you can send a Hasselblad product in for repair without any dealer intervention. From our standpoint, this is a disadvantage for the client. We continue to facilitate Hasselblad repairs for our Hasselblad customers, regardless of this optional policy.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:20:18 am by Steve Hendrix »
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Brian Hirschfeld

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 01:08:34 am »

All of their decisions since being bought by Private Equity would make me think twice before seriously investing in a system, I don't see anything new coming for the excellent 503CW and the H seems to be going nowhere, I expect more from PhaseOne / Leaf in terms of innovation in the near future but that said they innovations may or may not be backwards compatible, only time will tell....Still insanely and irrationally hoping for an AF 300mm f/2.8 just saying...

evgeny

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 04:48:34 am »

Do we really need anything new except ever lower iso and lower noise at higher iso ? ;D

Evgeny

design_freak

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 05:20:25 am »

There is no doubt that this is a very good camera. The best of the whole range.
Best regards,
DF

hasselbladfan

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:52 am »

And it seems also a cheap way to upgrade to a H5D40. In Europe, you can upgrade from a new H4D40 to an H5D40 for 1500 euro.

Seems cheaper than buying the H5D40 right away.

Nice deal, nothing wrong. Great camera !

Brian Hirschfeld

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 07:41:53 am »

Seems like a strange strategy if the company knows people are going to do this......sell cameras to get them right back?

Anyway better AF / AF confirmation and a softer shutter...and all those other things would be lovely for any modern MF camera at this point.

JV

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:28 am »

I don't have an issue with the promotional price of the H4D-40 without a lens for $12,995 or with a lens for $15,495. The problem I have is that it should be a permanent price, and should have been reduced at the time of the H5D announcement. The "normal" price of the H4D-40 with lens is only $1,000 less than the H5D-40 with lens, which makes no sense. This shouldn't be a "promotion" it should be a price reduction.

+1.  That would make so much more sense.

And it seems also a cheap way to upgrade to a H5D40. In Europe, you can upgrade from a new H4D40 to an H5D40 for 1500 euro.

Seems cheaper than buying the H5D40 right away.

Nice deal, nothing wrong. Great camera !

Promotions usually cannot be combined with anything else.  I would be surprised if this is possible.

Anyway better AF / AF confirmation and a softer shutter...and all those other things would be lovely for any modern MF camera at this point.

The AF of the H4D is pretty snappy and accurate in my book, better than the Phase One DF (never tried the DF+) or the Hy6.  What are you looking for exactly?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up