Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS6 error  (Read 1226 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
CS6 error
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:50:28 am »

I apologize in advance if this has been posted elsewhere or dealt with in another forum, but it is driving me nuts. I've tried Adobe support and I have reinstalled the software and cannot "cure" this behavior. Every time I start Photoshop CS6 Extended, whether directly, through Bridge, or through Lightroom 4.3, I get this error message. I click OK and PS loads properly with no apparent deficiencies. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:56:42 am by David Eckels »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: CS6 error
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

I apologize in advance if this has been posted elsewhere or dealt with in another forum, but it is driving me nuts. I've tried Adobe support and I have reinstalled the software and cannot "cure" this behavior. Every time I start Photoshop CS6 Extended, whether directly, through Bridge, or through Lightroom 4.3, I get this error message. I click OK and PS loads properly with no apparent deficiencies. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi Dave,

On my Win7 computer that DLL is located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" subdirectory, so it might have something to do with an Apple application that got uninstalled.

There are several websites that offer a download of that file if it is missing on your system, or describe how to re-register it if only the registry reference got deleted. I don't know which websites are reputable for download, so you have look around a bit and perhaps compare a few versions (compare checksums).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: CS6 error
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »

On my Win7 computer that DLL is located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" subdirectory, so it might have something to do with an Apple application that got uninstalled.
Thanks, Bart. I will give that a whack!
Pages: [1]   Go Up