Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Civic discourse  (Read 700 times)

gerafotografija

• gerafotografija.wordpress.com
Civic discourse
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:03:45 am »

I've been trying to get past a bit of trepidation over honest to goodness street photography.

Sometimes I hesitate to position myself for the shot, other times I delay snapping the shutter, and in this case I debated extensively with myself whether or not I should post it. I have to also admit I didn't get in as close for the shot as I intended, so I needed to crop a bit.

Here's my thought process at this point. If I were the subject of the photo, would I be uncomfortable having the image made public? A major mitigation is that it was also clear at the time that this guy had absolutely no compunctions about public speaking, pants or no pants. Maybe my compunctions are not very relavent considering I have a completely diiferent basis for how I try to present myself to other people.

So, in the end, I decided no one's basic human dignity was negatively impacted by my activity. I still feel a little odd closing the loop on what was an obvious and possibly somewhat desperate request for attention.

Did I make the right choice, and more importantly from a technical photographic standpoint, do you think I managed the tricky exposure metering off of what seemed to be a heavy layer of talcum powder covering his skin in the mid-day sunlight?

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Civic discourse
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:15:51 am »

The white are a bit cooked, but probably fixable. I'd likely crop the left side of the frame a bit more to pull the eye back to the group of teens have a good giggle over this guy.

Should you post this...oh hell yes!
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

Re: Civic discourse
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:15:41 am »

Is there no health care in that town?

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up