Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Designjet Z3100 Photo - can I replace the belt myself?  (Read 5357 times)

kellykaye

HP Designjet Z3100 Photo - can I replace the belt myself?
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »

Noticed some debris on my prints from my HP Designjet Z3100 Photo so I opened the printer window and found that the belt is almost done - http://imgur.com/a/sDTEy

Is this something I can replace myself? I can't seem to find anyone in Vancouver, BC that does this  :-\

sm906

• thomas hintze fotografie
Re: HP Designjet Z3100 Photo - can I replace the belt myself?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:58:50 pm »

Is this something I can replace myself? I can't seem to find anyone in Vancouver, BC that does this  :-\

Yes, you can. There are several threads dealing with this topic here in the forum. Simple do a search on "Z 3100" or "Z 3200" and "belt" and you will receive the information you need, as well as the hint where to obtain the HP service manual which is giving you the necessary information on the disassembly process to get access to the belt.

Thomas
nature-architecture-panorama-fineart
Web hintze-photo.com | YT youtube.com/c/rawakademie

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:29:09 pm »

I did the procedure using Kaleria's excellent video, took a day being very careful but worked like a charm.

Neal

picman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 05:08:02 pm »

The service manual does a good job of walking you through the steps.

What helped me was to have a number of paper cups that I labeled with the step number - as the screws or small parts came out during a step they went into the numbered cup. Much simpler to reassemble.

Many, myself included, had a problem with a color sensor during the recalibration steps after reassembly. I just ignored it and it works fine. I don't think it actually the sensor, just a flaw in the system and the calibaration probably wouldn't work even before changing the belt.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »

The service manual does a good job of walking you through the steps.

What helped me was to have a number of paper cups that I labeled with the step number - as the screws or small parts came out during a step they went into the numbered cup. Much simpler to reassemble.

Many, myself included, had a problem with a color sensor during the recalibration steps after reassembly. I just ignored it and it works fine. I don't think it actually the sensor, just a flaw in the system and the calibaration probably wouldn't work even before changing the belt.

I did the recalibration for other replacements and indeed the same problem with the sensor.. I agree the sensor is OK but the calibration system has a problem somewhere... the sensor still works well...
( that is a good thing for the sensor is one of the most expensive parts)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

picman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 07:51:23 pm »

Forgot to mention the Carriage Rear Bushing. You will probably break it - it is a fragile piece of plastic that rides in a rail at the top of the carriage. They can't cost more than 1 cent to make, but they go for about $30. When I need one late last year they were very hard to come by - some selling for more than $100. Took 3+ weeks to get one.

Get one, you will most likely need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up