Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monopod Quick release  (Read 911 times)

JohnCox123

Monopod Quick release
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »

I have a really nice aluminium monopod that unfortunately has no quick release. I'm using a pentax 645 and trying to decide whether I should put a quick release on (If I did I would need two plates for my camera). I'm also trying to decide what release to use if I was to get one.
Does any one have any idea as to what the best quick release is for a monopod at around 5-7 lb's and whether I should bother with my camera?

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
Re: Monopod Quick release
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:23 pm »

SangRaal

Re: Monopod Quick release
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

You need an indexing monopod head NOT A BALLHEAD. EV gave you choice #1 Really Right Stuff (excellent and expensive) it has every desirable feature except the tilt is not indexed. Choice #2 is the Kirk monopod head half the price but very serviceable clamp indexing is a pita also tilt not indexed in between is the new Accratech "heavy lens" head indexed tilt panning base etc brand new never seen one in the flesh. There are several inexpensive monopod heads not sure if will do the job. When you are on the RRS site look at the "safari clamp" system for monopods, excellent well designed and gives you a very solid platform in stadiums or off a roll cage in a vehicle, ATV rack or ski lift tower(yes I do ski race pics). The monopd band is adaptable to almost any monopd. I go through about 3 monopods per year and tend to buy mid priced (currently using a velbon and Kirk head combo).
Pages: [1]   Go Up