Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Sony Make a Digital Back?  (Read 31856 times)

FredBGG

Re: Will Sony Make a Digital Back?
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2013, 01:29:41 am »

No dark side to the fashion industry?

So, this is the point. You come here not knowing how the camera manufacturing business works and make up all kinds of rubbish. Well, it is a cheap shot. Just like me painting an extreme image of the fashion industry. I get tired of the BS about the industry I worked in. Just as much as you probably don't like the brush I am painting your industry with. The camera business is full of talented dedicated professional, just like your industry. And I have no doubt of your talent and ability. Stick to what you know.

After 30 years in professional photography I know a thing or two about cameras I have used and what it's like buying them.
I'm the first to say that the camera industry if full of amazing engineers and produce gear that empower photographers.
Talking about Minolta.... The Minolta Color Meter was one of my essential tools as a photographer shooting all over Europe in different rental studios Checking the lights for color balance
was really important. I've sent flash head back to the rental room many a time.

I've also bought cameras on and off for 30 years. One learns a thing or two about the marketing.
In some cases it's blatent missinformation. MFD digital just seems to put out more of it.
One doesn't even have to be an expert for god's sake. Just look at the USB thing. Phase and Mamiyaleaf have had claims of USB3
on their websites scince the backs were launched. Only a few days ago beta software was made available.
NOWHERE on their two websites did it say it did not work yet. That is bullshit and theirs plenty more.

Anyway I think it's not worth spending anymore time arguing with a homophobic puritan.

JohnCox123

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:28 am »

Anyway I think it's not worth spending anymore time arguing with a homophobic puritan.

That language is a bit harsh.

FredBGG

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2013, 03:44:21 am »

That language is a bit harsh.

Yes you are right I did use harsh language and I stand behind what I said. I will not stand by
and do nothing when I see bigotry. Denigrating someone for his sexual orientation whatever that may be
is unacceptable to me and a response using harsh language is the least I can do.

Do you not find it harsh that he denigrates Mario Testino for being gayish, calling him decadent for
enjoying himself at a party.

I wonder if theguywitha645D even understands Spanish and listened to the video he posted the link to.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:54:02 am by FredBGG »

MrSmith

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2013, 04:43:52 am »

I still come out in a cold sweat when I think back to shooting for 3 months in a car studio and having to deal with serious noise issues with flexcolour for Hblad/imacon (the scanning software that was made to work as capture software) we were emailing the factory pleading for the software updates, this is exactly the kind of attitude Fred is on about, get the product out there worry about it later.
It's like the new and improved long exposure backs, the elephant in the room is the dark frame of the same duration, but let's not talk about that.
I don't drink anyone's cool-aid if it's got a whif of bullshit about it.

FredBGG

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »

;D a lot of vociferous words here. In a way, I can understand them.

Personaly, I don't feel absolutly attacked nor concern by  homophobic puritan. I think Fred readed selectively what he wanted.

My best friend is gay, 2 of my very good friends are gays, I've been working many times with gays, I'm actually invited to their homes and parties
and always had great respect, and received the same respect from them.
I am one of the very few men that is allowed and welcome to enter in a private lesbian bar here, and I've been helping many times some gay or lesbian
in their carreer acheivement or personal problems and also received help from them.

Actually, you might know a Little less than I do the gay world. If you knew it, you'd know that "gayish" is a term they actually use themselves as "falling into" when
they tend to fall-or been trapped into a certain kind of parade. Themselves, use frequently those expressions for describing certain type of things.
A gay person would have actually smelled perfectly what was the real meaning of my thoughts in the context I was describing.
As puritan, I won't talk about my private life here, but...well...if I'd say to people who know me: "hey, this guy told me I'm puritan", I think everybody would fall laughin in tears.
But that's not the point, as I said, I don't felt concerned by those attacks, it's like Fred was talking about someone else, so no objection,
no problem, nothing wrong. Fred doesn't know me personaly and couldn't know from where I was using certain words and why.
I can understand why such a visceral reaction from him (or someone else). Then, If someone responds with agressivity or harshness, (whatever the subject is, whatever the person is, it's the person's concern).

Fred used the lenguaje he feels like to, according to what he understood or wanted to understand of my post. Actually the points that Fred was making on my "evil" post were not the ones I was trying to explain. Nothing to do with Testino talents and merits. Nothing to do with hard work. Nothing to do with people having fun and having good time, nothing to do with MT recognition and sweetness others feels with him, nothing to do with the quality of his pictures etc etc...none of the points Fred mentionned had something to do with what I was talking about. But I won't re-write differently in order to precise better my points and try to be understood. That would be loosing time and turning arround concepts that have nothing to do with the thread.
As I don't write in my native lenguaje, well, that's what is and it's always a risk to be misinterpretated. (if I see that even between same native lenguaje posters misinterpretations are legions...so)

Everything's perfectly fine for me. No offense felt. Not concerned.

Precisions made and time to move on.

Cheers.

Who do you think you are fooling trying to wiggle your way out of this one.

What you said was very clear...

baroque, gayish, snobish lite lite lite...ridiculously corny; watch specialy the end, MT negligible is telling all; the photos were good, but that's what's arround that stinks.

You denigrate Mario Testino as gayish, snobish.. rediculously corny and in the same sentence say it STINKS.

You go on to call it decadent.... and this is the video you were talking about...

http://www.vogue.es/videos/mario-testino-y-vogue-espana/1707

If you could actually understand what was talked about in the video you might have caught
that it was a wrap party of the issue of Vogue Spain that he shot, but not only
was he the photographer but he was the guest director of the issue.
That is what I call being on top of the game. World class photographer and invited to direct an issue of Vogue.

You call this party decadent, say gayish stinks and then want us to believe you are some sort
of career advisor for gays and the darling of a private lesbian bar.

Who do you think you are kidding. It's typical for idiots that let their real bigotry show
to try to cover it up like you are.

sgilbert

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

"Anyway I think it's not worth spending anymore time arguing with a homophobic puritan."

But you're going to do it anyway, right?

FredBGG

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »

To FredBGG

And go on and on and on....like the Little nervous dog that doesn't want to release the toy

I wrote time to move-on, been more tan educated with you, now being treated as an idiot, inventing some sort of carreer advisor for gays or lesbians that you just interpretated from my words,
just inventing, interpretating, Reading what you want and more importantly, thinking that you know and that you are important.

Let me tell you mister Fred what I think of you before I wisedly disable in this forum your sickening and agressive posts.

You is just ego. And you have a huge problem with your ego and should consult a guru or a psy. There is a lot of work to do here.

Constantly critisizing and judging people, constantly attacking MF users, being harsh when you read something that is not according to your beleif,
allowing you to litterally insult when nobody insulted you.

Giving constant lessons in this forum from some sort of knowledge that makes you beleive you are on the top.

The thing is that you'd like to be at the top, but you're not.
But, mister Fred, if you really were at the top, 1) you wouldn't have time to post all those crapperies on MF that we read all the time
2) you would not even feel the need to talk about those things nor being rude to anybody

You are insecure, you have a completly immoderate ego, and you feel superior.

In short: poor person indeed.

From now on, I won't have the privilege to read your stupid posts so no need to answer, don't loose more time on that.

fredjeang2, I think this response says more about YOU than it does about me.

While you choose to denigrate celebrities and the successful (I'm refering to Testino) saying they are lite lite lite, decadent, gayish, corny bla bla bla
make fun of how they dance.. bla bla...

In reality though this is the sort of thing they do and often do so before much of society follows.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/amy-pascal-asks-hollywood-to-eliminate-gay-slurs-stereotypes-from-movies/

Mario happens to have opened a free clinic for children in his home town among other things.

JohnCox123

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:13 pm »

Back on topic, check out this.
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/vizelex-rhinocam-for-sony-nex-e-mount-cameras.html

Digital back made for sony...  ???

FredBGG

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2013, 07:11:44 pm »

Back on topic, check out this.
http://fotodioxpro.com/index.php/vizelex-rhinocam-for-sony-nex-e-mount-cameras.html

Digital back made for sony...  ???

8 frame rectilinear stitch, but the quality is quite amazing.
Ground glass for composition and live view for fine focus.
rectilinear frames are very easy to stitch.
Significantly higher quality than 40 and 60 mp sensors.

They are also making more compact two frame stitch options for D800 etc.

I have a few Fotodiox adapters and they are nicely built. It this camera has a similar built it should be really quite nice.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:20:24 pm by FredBGG »

michael

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »

No more insults, no more accusations or the thread will be closed.

Michael
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up