though i agree that this forum is not meant for selfpromoting - but don't we all do that to a certain degree?...
Sure, Mike, but the operative word here is "degree." We all break the law, some by speeding, some by jaywalking, some as serious killers; wouldn't you agree that the degree matters? There is a subtle self-promotion, clever self-promotion, and then there is an open, blatant, brazen one.
There are several ways OP could have approached the subject:
- by asking Michael to publish his finding as a LuLa article (in which case there would be some peer review as to whether there is something new or interesting there)
- by contributing his opinions to numerous threads on LuLa devoted to either compact cameras or printing
- by posting certain statements, findings, questions, examples, etc. in his post, and then pointing out that more details could be found in his blog
- by including a link to his blog in his signature
- by sending a PM to the moderator asking if it is ok to promote his blog
Tone aside, Mr. Schewe is right. His tone is an acquired taste, but to acquire it, you would have to hang out here a bit longer than the OP.