Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 not printing entire photo  (Read 2112 times)

chez

Z3100 not printing entire photo
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:36:56 pm »

I am trying to print out a larger canvas ( 80"x40" ) and each time the printer cuts off part of the image and starts printing part way into the image. I have the page size set to 82"x42" so it should contain the entire print. I am printing out of Lightroom 4 and have tried to descrease the pixels by dropping the print resolution to 150 ppi from 240 ppi. It seems to cut off different amounts each time I try print.

Any suggestions of what might be happening and any possible work arounds. Frustrating to say the least.

thanks,

harry

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3100 not printing entire photo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

From a Mac?

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

chez

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:16 pm »

Ernst, no from a Windows 7 system. I've printed canvas around this size previously without a problem, but I don't recall the printer resolution I used. It just seems to skip by the first part of the print, anywhere from 4" to over 20" and then start printing as if nothing was wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

From a Mac?

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »

I had that once, restartied all the equipments (printer, computer & router) and it worked.
Don´t know if it was pure luck or some glitch, but it never happened again.

Best regards.

chez

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »

I rebooted everything I can. Got me pulling my hair out. Wasting canvas with every attempt. Totally frustrated

I had that once, restartied all the equipments (printer, computer & router) and it worked.
Don´t know if it was pure luck or some glitch, but it never happened again.

Best regards.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:44 am »

It is strange. Chez, did you turn over the print, say foot first printed instead of head of the image? The 82" is within length limits I know so that question should not be asked either but nevertheless. One way or another, part of the printerdata is lost. No white area cut settings done in the driver? I always keep the standard setting in the PCL3 driver. What does the HP preview show? If you open the spooler window, do you see different sizes for the printer data for the same job? If that all shows no flaws then the issue is beyond the driver and in the transfer to or storage on the printer.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

chez

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:30 am »

The preview window shows the entire print with the correct dimensions. I'm going to downsize the image and try to see if it prints ok. If the smaller image prints out ok, that should rule out the communications media between the computer and printer.

It is strange. Chez, did you turn over the print, say foot first printed instead of head of the image? The 82" is within length limits I know so that question should not be asked either but nevertheless. One way or another, part of the printerdata is lost. No white area cut settings done in the driver? I always keep the standard setting in the PCL3 driver. What does the HP preview show? If you open the spooler window, do you see different sizes for the printer data for the same job? If that all shows no flaws then the issue is beyond the driver and in the transfer to or storage on the printer.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

chez

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:22 am »

OK, so I down sized the print from 80x40 to 40x20 and used a page size of 42x22 and it printed fine. Then I took the same image and increased the page size to 82x42 and tried to print the image at 80x40 and it would cut part of the image off. It's almost like it doesn't like the larger file being sent over to the printer. Is there any file size restrictions for the printer?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 10:18:50 am »

No hp in my stable, but your issue sounds similar to one with Epson here:  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=76201.0

It sounds like a spooler issue somewhere, and the issue might be within the printer driver selections.  For the Epson 9900, checking "fine details" basically doubled the amount of information sent and the printer would only complete partial prints of an eight foot long canvas....  Unchecked that box and all was fine.

ken

chez

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 10:53:49 am »

Thanks Ken...just tried printing without the fine detail option and same result.

One thing I did notice as I was watching the printer LCD is that it flashed a Printing Job No. 1 message just before it started to print the image, and then it displayed Printing Job No. 2. It's almost like it thinks there are two images being sent to be printed, almost as if it is breaking up the one image and getting confused.

No hp in my stable, but your issue sounds similar to one with Epson here:  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=76201.0

It sounds like a spooler issue somewhere, and the issue might be within the printer driver selections.  For the Epson 9900, checking "fine details" basically doubled the amount of information sent and the printer would only complete partial prints of an eight foot long canvas....  Unchecked that box and all was fine.

ken

chez

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »

Finally got some results. In the Printer setup from within Lightroom under the Paper Quality tab there is a custom options where you need to set the Quality level to Normal and turn off Maximum detail. This did the trick.

Funny thing though is the actual spool file was not that large to start with, somewhere around 260meg.

Anyways...success. Thanks for all the help and pointing me into the right directions.

Harry
Pages: [1]   Go Up