Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using the z3200ps spectro and APS for profiling papers for the HP 130nr  (Read 1804 times)

chichornio

Can I use the APS and the z3200ps for profiling paper for my HP 130nr? I´m planning to do it just for a satin paper from Mitsubishi that I like a lot, which is both dye and pigment compatible.
I imagine the following workflow (correct me if I`m wrong)
1- Print a RGB 1.5 patch in the 130nr that comes with APS (resizing that patch to 11x17inches)
2- Scan and read that patch with the onboard spectro of my z3200ps
3- Create a custom icc profile for the 130nr
I know that both printers have different ink technology and quite different color gamut.
Any feedback will be very welcome.

MonsterBaby

it sure works.

just not sure what u mean with "resizing".. you cant change the size of the patches of course!
u can change the size of the paper and have the APS build a new pattern!

chichornio

Thanks! I´ll give it try.

Roscolo

Can I use the APS and the z3200ps for profiling paper for my HP 130nr? I´m planning to do it just for a satin paper from Mitsubishi that I like a lot, which is both dye and pigment compatible.

Absolutely. Follow the guide here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/Z3100-profiling.shtml

Pretty sure this will be the same for you with the z3200 as it is with the z3100. One VERY important thing he does not tell you in the guide, before loading the printed target into the printer, you need to go to the Printer's front panel and: Setup > Printing Preferences > Print Options >  set "Check Skew" to YES.

Otherwise the spectro will fail reading the chart every time because the spectro always starts from the wrong position on the target. The reason it's so important is virtually everyone who prints on sheets with the z3100 (and I assume z3200) disables "Check Skew" because loading sheets is easier with Check Skew disabled. For scanning pre-printed loaded targets, you MUST enable Check Skew. Also it may take a few times before the target sheet loads properly.

chichornio

One VERY important thing he does not tell you in the guide, before loading the printed target into the printer, you need to go to the Printer's front panel and: Setup > Printing Preferences > Print Options >  set "Check Skew" to YES.

Thanks for the tip. I always leave the "Check Skew" ON when I use sheets, because printing is faster and more accurate.

artobest

I always leave the "Check Skew" ON when I use sheets, because printing is faster and more accurate.

+1. Get the initial feed right (largely a matter of practice), and it is actually faster that way.

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com

Unfortunately, for precise alignment, it's not quite as accurate as loading and aligning the sheet with the rear spool edge and the front right side blue line. I wish there were a way to decrease the tolerance for the auto alignment!

Bill

+1. Get the initial feed right (largely a matter of practice), and it is actually faster that way.
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

chichornio

And what about printing a b&w target, make it read it by the z3200ps spectro and create a custom b&w profile for the 130nr? All the HP canned b&w profiles I´ve tried in the HP130n sucks. No one output an almost neutral b&w print.

chichornio

I finally profile a paper printed in my Hp 130nr using the onboard spectro of the z3200ps and APS. But I´m very amateur in understanting if the profile is good enough. Would someone of you guys be kind and take a look of the profile created by myself? I´m attaching the icc profile for satin paper and the measurement data saved by APS.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up