Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SilverFast 8 SE Pro, Manually Calibration with Grey Scale  (Read 1559 times)

Joachim

SilverFast 8 SE Pro, Manually Calibration with Grey Scale
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:16 am »

Hello

I'm a "greenhorn" in scanning.
At the moment I use Scanner Epson Perfection 750 Pro and Silverfast 8 SE, not Ai.
In a handbook of Taz Tally about Silverfast (in german language) is given a workflow to calibrate the scanner manually on base of a grey scale.
I don't understand a step, so I hope someone in this forum can help me.

I have generate an own grey scale to learn the workflow of TT. Later I will repeat  it with a calibrate grey scale.

My own greyscale has 5 different areas to understand the method.
First I must scan the grey scale.
After that I see the 5 different areas in histogram, it's clear for me.
Then he describes that I should move the black and white areas in SilverFast to 0 and 255 with help of densitomer. That's not clear for me because there is no tool to do this with densitometer. Mabey there is a mistake of translation in the book.

Please can someone give me feedback.

Regards

Jochen

michael ellis

Re: SilverFast 8 SE Pro, Manually Calibration with Grey Scale
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:56:35 pm »

Hi Jochin-

It may be that the version you have, (SE) does not support that function. I had to upgrade to Ai studio to get all the features I wanted. Have you tried the lasersoft forum? You may get more help there.

Sincerely,

Michael Ellis

Joachim

Re: SilverFast 8 SE Pro, Manually Calibration with Grey Scale
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:37 pm »

Hello Michael

Thanks for feedback.

The book of TT correlate to SilverFast Ai 6 that come on market in 2002, clear.
But TT write on page 77.

Manually Calibration:
"If you have a version without IT8 calibration target and no software for automatic evaluation and for adjustment of scanner, no problem. … You can calibrate it manually. The workflow is given in attachment A from book with help of a 10 step grey scale" 

I had contact with LaserSoft and they recommend a upgrade to Ai 8. Clear they will earn money.

After scanning my grey scale I see in SF a histogram with 5 different grey marks from black to white.
I can move the triangles below of the histogram but not in densitometer.

Jochen

Hi Jochin-

It may be that the version you have, (SE) does not support that function. I had to upgrade to Ai studio to get all the features I wanted. Have you tried the lasersoft forum? You may get more help there.

Sincerely,

Michael Ellis
Pages: [1]   Go Up