Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How should I charge for a Destination Wedding (Pricing)?  (Read 1874 times)

eagleyepro

• Eagleye Photography
How should I charge for a Destination Wedding (Pricing)?
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:29 am »

Hello and welcome,

I'm starting this thread because i'm very interested at knowing what you think about how people should be charging for a destination wedding. I shoot weddings for a living and I'm blessed that I get to do that. I have not done a destination wedding because I have not pushed or marketed for that part of the wedding industry.

Destinations are a tough pill to swallow for couples because they think that photographers boost prices once people say "Destination". That's not the case because even though the prices are higher, the actual cost of photography is the same or lower while the elephant in the room is the cost of travel accommodations and flight.

For example:

Normal wedding: photography costs 2000-4000 or more 

Destination wedding: photography costs 2000-4000 + travel and accommodations 1500-2500(+)

How would you charge a destination wedding? Would you discount the wedding photography price or do you have another way?

I look forward to your comments and this is open to anyone not just professional opinions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up