Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phototherm Sidekick, Supersidekick | And, also (independant): chemistry  (Read 15972 times)

colorspace.am

I contacted Phototherm some time ago to enquire as to what the differences are between their older Sidekick, and their current Supersidekick - but have yet to hear back. To the best of my knowledge, no literature regarding the former exists on their website, so I was unsure as to how to go about doing a comparison. The difference between the price of old and the new - at least on the second hand market - is some 400%.

Is the SSK that much better than it's predecessor?

--

My second question is with regard to chemistry. All sorts (C41, E6, BW). For those that do their own developing - what's your preferred mix?

EdSawyer

I believe the Super Sidekick can be programmed with different chips for different processes, and allows users to change times and temps through the interface to existing processes on the chip. I don't think the regular sidekick allows changing times and temps for the processes by the user, just from the control panel. There were also mechanical changes to the solenoid/valve system.

-Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up