Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Translating Photoshop curves to Lightroom  (Read 2457 times)

MrBlissfly

Translating Photoshop curves to Lightroom
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

Hi

I am investigating creating digital negatives directly through Lightroom.
I have developed a successful curve and colour managed workflow through Photoshop and would like to recreate it in Lightroom. I am getting good tonal salt prints through Export to droplet action but would like to skip this step.

I have tried checking the sRGB RGB values of a step wedge in PS and then duplicating that in softproof mode in LR4.
The resulting curve gives the same RGB values but when applied to an image the result is very different.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
The alternative would be to redo all the tonal step wedge print testing, something I want to avoid.

Many thanks in Advance

Richard

donbga

Re: Translating Photoshop curves to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:26:26 pm »

Hi

I am investigating creating digital negatives directly through Lightroom.
I have developed a successful curve and colour managed workflow through Photoshop and would like to recreate it in Lightroom. I am getting good tonal salt prints through Export to droplet action but would like to skip this step.

I have tried checking the sRGB RGB values of a step wedge in PS and then duplicating that in softproof mode in LR4.
The resulting curve gives the same RGB values but when applied to an image the result is very different.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
The alternative would be to redo all the tonal step wedge print testing, something I want to avoid.

Many thanks in Advance

Richard

Hello Richard,

I've considered the same thing and my conclusion is to do the curve application in PS. Perhaps someone else has determined a method to import a PS curve file into LR but truthfully I prefer to do that on a layer anyway, though generating virtual copies to operate on might be more efficient that handing off the image to PS.

Also another thing to consider is what color space and what other methodologies for digital negatives would be compatible with LR.

Don Bryant
Pages: [1]   Go Up